Explore our promoted experiences
- Self-guided tour to the Louisiana Museum of Slavery on the Whitney Plantation and St Joseph Plantation, from New Orleans
- See authentically restored buildings and memorial artwork at the Louisiana Museum of Slavery
- Listen to slave narratives that detail daily life for slaves on the plantation
- Drive through the sugar cane fields of St Joseph Plantation, a working sugar plantation that dates to 1877
- Take a guided tour of St Joseph Plantation, often led by a member of the family that owns the property
- Learn about the making of the Oscar-winning film ’12 Years A Slave’ at St Joseph Plantation
- Hear informative commentary from your guide about the region during the drive from New Orleans
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
Please arrive 30 minutes before your selected start time for pickup. Your operator can coordinate exact time and location.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- On Tuesdays, Whitney Plantation is closed and replaced by Laura Plantation
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 13 travelers
- OPERATED BY Tours by Isabelle
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience