- Full-day Pompeii and Herculaneum excursion from Naples
- Tour the UNESCO-listed ruins of Pompeii with a guide
- Learn about Mount Vesuvius’ AD 79 eruption that buried many of Campania’s towns for centuries
- Visit a coral and cameo factory, and then enjoy lunch in Ristorante Vesuvio
- Travel to Ercolano and explore the ruins of Herculaneum at leisure, seeing monuments, fossils and mosaics
Departure & Return
meeting in front of the Picnic Bar entrance
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
As you enter (own expense), follow your guide through the ruins and learn the fascinating history behind the ancient city. Pass excavations of the Teatro Grande, which once housed up to 5,000 spectators, and the Forum.
Continue to a family-run corals and cameo factory to learn more about the jewelry-making process. Afterward, walk to the 18th-century Ristorante Vesuvio for a delicious, Italian-style lunch.
Journey next to the coastal town of Ercolana, where the ruins of Herculaneum reside, another town struck during the infamous eruption. Though Pompeii is more widely-known, Herculaneum hosts a wealth of archaeological treasures. Enter (own expense) and explore at leisure, admiring the ancient monuments, preserved mosaics and fossils nearly 2,000 years old.
Your day trip will conclude with transportation back to your original departure point.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- If less than five people are in your group, your tour will operate with an audio guide in place of an actual local guide in Pompeii
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Sconsigliato a persone con difficoltà deambulatorie
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 999 travelers
- OPERATED BY Napoli City Vision
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
See all safety measures taken by Pompeii and Herculaneum Day Trip from Naples.