- Pompeii and Mt. Vesuvius tour from Naples
- Learn about life in ancient Pompeii before the eruption on a guided walking tour
- Discover the ecological history of Mt. Vesuvius from a professional volcanologist guide
- Look inside the volcano that destroyed Pompeii
- Includes pickup and drop-off at the cruise terminal, central train station, or central Naples hotels
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
24 hours after the booking you will receive an email with the pickup time and the meeting instructions
- Molo Beverello, Port of Naples
What To Expect
Begin with a walking tour of the ruins of the ancient Roman city of Pompeii, stopping to see the thermal baths, racy paintings in the Lupanare, the Basilica, Macellum (market square), and the formerly opulent residence known as the House of Faun. Your guide shares informative commentary about life in old Pompeii and the eruption of Mt. Vesuvius.
After your time at the ruins, enjoy a delicious pizza lunch or wine tasting (option selected at checkout). Next up, rejoin your driver and travel up Mt. Vesuvius to 3,280 feet (1,000 meters). Disembark there and follow your guide up a winding path that leads to the top of the volcano (this is a moderately challenging walk). Peer into the volcano crater and learn about the geology of the volcano from a volcanologist guide.
Please note that the admission fees at both sites are at your own expense.
Your tour ends with return to your starting point in Naples in the late afternoon.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- During the low season (November - March) the live guide inside Pompeii ruins will be replaced by an audio guide for groups of less than six
- Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 40 travelers
- OPERATED BY Worldtours
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all safety measures taken by Day Trip from Naples: Pompeii and Mount Vesuvius.