- 4-hour private tour of Muscat
- Experience the Arabian mystique and highlights of Oman’s capital
- Tour the Sultan Qaboos Grand Mosque, a sandstone masterpiece completed in 2001
- Stroll and shop at Muttrah Souk, discover Oman's history at the Bait Al Zubair Museum, and more
- Entrance fees, non-alcoholic drinks, and hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Personalized attention from a private guide
- Price per vehicle, based on a maximum of four people
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
After booking, the operator will contact you about pickup time.
What To Expect
Journey along the immaculate boulevards, and drink in Muscat’s old-time Arabian mystique as you hear about its one-time strategic importance at the crossroads of ancient sea trading routes.
Stop first at the Sultan Qaboos Grand Mosque in the Bausher Wilayat district. Admire the views of this sandstone masterpiece, completed in 2001, and tour the pristine courtyards and colonnades. View the main prayer hall, famous for its massive hand-woven carpet — one of the world’s biggest — and opulent 46-foot (14-meter) chandelier.
Explore the Embassy district, a delightful area of whitewashed embassy and consulate buildings, and pass Qurum park on route to Muttrah, the main commercial area.
Visit the vegetable market and seafront Fish Market, and take in the mountain-backed sweep of Muttrah Corniche, with its pretty, lattice-decorated houses and minarets.
Then, delve into old Muttrah Souq, a warren of stall-filled alleyways. Absorb the exotic aromas and colors as you pass stands hawking everything from frankincense to perfumes, spices, and antiques like khanjars (silver Omani daggers). Haggle for souvenirs with tips from your guide, and continue to old Muscat, an enclave of old Omani architecture, mansions, and forts.
Enjoy a photo stop outside the blue-and-gold Al Alam Palace, the official residence of Sultan Qaboos, and stop for photos of the Mirani and Jalali forts, the two Portuguese-built forts on the clifftops.
Lastly, visit the Bait Al Zubair Museum, housed in a traditional private home. View the displays of weaponry, utensils, costumes, maps, and photos chronicling Oman’s past, building a picture of the country’s development and cultural identity through the centuries.
Your tour concludes with a hotel drop-off.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- A maximum of 4 people per booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Mark Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.