- Full-day tour of Nizwa, Jebel Shams, and Oman's Grand Canyon
- Pickup and drop-off in Muscat
- Travel via rugged 4x4 vehicle
- Explore historic sites and spectacular natural scenery
- Lunch in the village of Misfah provided
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Any place in Muscat
What To Expect
Set out through the Hajar Mountains, bound for the township of Nizwa, which once functioned as the country's capital. Arrive in Nizwa to visit the bustling souq, or open-air marketplace, and the Nizwa Fort.
Depart Nizwa and head for Jebel Shams, traveling through Wadi Ghul on the way. Keep your camera handy for fantastic views of Jebel Shams, the highest mountain in the Jebel Al Akhdar range, standing at more than 9,800 feet (3,000 meters) tall. Then, travel through the Grand Canyon of Oman to explore remote villages and check out ancient rock carvings.
Continue on to the mountain village of Misfah, where you can follow the ancient stone pathways to the valley below. In a mountainside restaurant, sit down for a traditional meal before making the return trip to Muscat.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- TOUR DEPARTURE TIME: Tour starts @ 08:30 am.
- DURATION : approximately 8 hours
- CANCELLATION: Cancel free of charge Up-to 72 hours from date of service local time, after that full charge.
- LANGUAGES: Tour is operated with Private guide in ENGLISH.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Gray Line UAE & OMAN
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
See all safety measures taken by Full-Day Grand Canyon and Nizwa Tour by 4x4.