4 to 6 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Just a short boat ride away from Mumbai is the UNESCO-listed Elephant Island and its rock temples. Explore the caves that are dedicated to various Hindu gods and date as far back as the 5th century. After your ride back, take a tour of the Chor Bazaar, also known as the Thieves Market, and browse for items at rock bottom prices.
- Take a boat ride from Mumbai to the Elephant Caves
- Explore the ancient Hindu temples on the island
- Shop for the souvenirs at the Chor Bazaar
- Hotel pickup and drop-off are included
Saved to wishlist!
All taxes, fees and handling charges
Hotel pickup and drop-off in private car
Local guide at "Chor bazzar" only
Food and drinks
Local guide at Elephanta
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
colaba hotels/south mumbai hotles
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum drinking age is 21 years
- Local guide at Elephanta can be arranged @ USD 15 Per Person extra
- Monument fees are USD 10 Per Person which tourists can buy from the monuments office directly
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Discover Activities
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties. Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Elephanta Cave & Mumbai Chor Bazaar, the Thieves market tour?
The policy on face masks and attendee health is:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
What is the policy on sanitization during Elephanta Cave & Mumbai Chor Bazaar, the Thieves market tour?
The policy on sanitization is:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursArchaeology ToursHistorical ToursCultural & Theme ToursLuxury & Special OccasionsPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingMumbaiBus Tours - PuneArchaeology Tours - PuneHistorical Tours - PuneBus Tours - AurangabadArchaeology Tours - AurangabadHistorical Tours - AurangabadBus Tours - GoaArchaeology Tours - GoaHistorical Tours - GoaCategory
S.J. StudiosISKCON Temple of Mumbai Haji Ali DargahChhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Vastu Sangrahalaya (CSMVS)Hanging Gardens (Ferozeshah Mehta)ImagicaBhuleshwar Market (Bhuleshwar Bazaar)Essel WorldColabaChor BazaarBhaja CavesBandra-Worli Sea Link (Rajiv Gandhi Sea Link)ChurchgateShree Siddhivinayak Ganapati TempleBombay PanjrapoleRegal Circle (SP Mukherjee Chowk)Imagica Water ParkDharaviJehangir Art GalleryMani Bhavan Gandhi Sangrahalaya