- Private Soviet history tour of Moscow
- Ideal for history buffs and travelers short on time
- Explore Red Square (Krasnaya Ploschad), home to Lenin's Mausoleum, St. Basil's Cathedral, and Kazan's Cathedral
- See five of the Moscow Metro's most elaborate stations and wander Alexander's Garden
- Marvel at 50 pavilions representing former Soviet republics at the Exhibition of Achievements of National Economy (VDNKh)
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Lobby of your hotel. Please provide the exact name and address of your hotel.
Your guide will meet you at your centrally-located hotel, hostel or vacation rental
You don't need to call to confirm the tour. The local supplier will contact you via email
What To Expect
After admiring the grand exterior of Lenin’s Mausoleum, you’ll wander around Alexander Garden, which harbors the Ruined Grotto. Then, head underground to visit five of Moscow’s most elaborate metro stations, which are characterized by chandeliers, marble pillars, and golden sculptures.
Amble around Revolution Square and Victory Park, delving deep into Russian history, and then browse exhibits within the Memorial Museum of Cosmonautics. Alternatively, you can choose to visit VDNKh Soviet Park and marvel at 50 elaborate pavilions, each one dedicated to a former Soviet state, and the Cosmonaut Museum.
Enjoy a break for a traditional Russian lunch (own expense). Your tour concludes with a visit to Bunker 42, a former secret Soviet hideout, before drop-off at your accommodation or somewhere downtown.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Private walking tour with the use of metro
- Please indicate prefer start time in comments when booking
- The tour can be modified to meet your preferences
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Tour will be finished at Bunker-42 or any place of your preference
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Friendly Local Guides
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Guides required to regularly wash hands