- 4-hour Montevideo private shore excursion with wine-tasting option
- See Batlle Park and Ordonez Park and historic landmarks of Montevideo
- Visit the lovely coastal neighborhoods of El Prado and Carrasco
- Walk along a beautiful beachside promenade in Old City and delight in the coastal views
- Discover the architecture and rich history of the capital city with your private guide
- Upgrade to include an optional winery tour with a tasting of Uruguay’s award-winning tannat wine
- Covered by Viator’s worry-free policy: guaranteed on-time return to your ship
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
Please arrive 10 minutes before your selected start time for pickup. Your operator can coordinate exact time and location.
What To Expect
View the impressive statue of José Artigas — a monument to the national military hero — and admire the 26-story Palacio Salvo (Palacio Legislativo), once the tallest building in South America. Walk with your guide to the opposite end of the plaza to see Puerta de la Ciudadela, one of the few surviving remnants of the city wall that once encircled colonial Montevideo.
Next, you’re driven to the residential neighborhood of El Prado, whose tree-lined streets feature early 20th-century mansions. See Prado Park before you pass through Parque Batlle, a barrio and major public central park, home to Estadio Centenario, the national soccer stadium.
Relax on the scenic drive through elegant Carrasco and stroll along a section of La Rambla, a beachside promenade boasting coastal views. After your half-day tour, you’re transferred back to the Montevideo port.
Optional Winery Tour with Wine TastingIf you’re a wine lover who wishes to learn about Uruguay’s winemaking tradition, upgrade your shore excursion for a winery and vineyard tour. You’ll taste an award-winning tannat wine — red wine made from tannat grapes, one of the most prominent grape varieties used in Uruguayan wine.
Worry-free Shore Excursion:
We will ensure your timely return to the Montevideo port for this activity. In the rare event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of-call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Duration is 4 hours for just the city tour and 6 hours if winery tour and tasting selected
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Top Private Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "It would have been best to just book a walking tour around the old city and be done with the tour." See review