3 to 4 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Make the most of your time at shore and discover the highlights of the Uruguayan capital on 3-hour guided tour. Visit key landmarks in the Old City such as the Port Market, Independence Square, the Legislative Palace, and the El Prado neighborhood. Learn about the history of Montevideo from your tour guide and enjoy many stops for photos before heading back to your cruise ship.
- Explore the city of Montevideo on a 3-hour shore excursion
- Visit the Old City, the Centenario Stadium, and Batlle Park
- Learn about the history of Montevideo from your guide
- Enjoy complimentary round-trip transport from the port
Saved to wishlist!
Port pickup and drop-off
Transport by air-conditioned minivan
Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Departure Point: Rambla 25 de agosto, at the main entrance of the Ministry of Tourism - Port of Montevideo
Address: Rambla 25 de Agosto de 1825 corner Yacaré S/N (without door number)
Directions: INSTRUCTIONS TO LEAVE THE PORT AND FIND OUR GUIDE AND VEHICLE
• You will descend from the cruise at one of the indicated docks.
• Follow the green line that you will find painted on the dock to exit the port.
• This line will take you to the Avenue called “Rambla 25 de agosto”.
• You will arrive at the building of the Ministry of Tourism; at the main door our guide will be waiting for you holding a sign with our logo (saying Transhotel).
Dates: See Availability
Return point: Port of Montevideo
- Puerto De Montevideo, 3QXX+H9G, 11100 Montevideo, Montevideo Department, Uruguay
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Refunds will not be issued if tour/activity is missed due to late or non-arrival of cruise ship
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 40 travelers
- OPERATED BY Transhotel SRL
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Highlights of Montevideo - for cruise passengers?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Highlights of Montevideo - for cruise passengers?
A:The policy on sanitization is:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- "If you get a bad guide, please just ask for another." See review
Compare Similar Experiences
Highlights of Montevideo - for cruise passengers
3 to 4 hours
3 hours 30 minutes
3 hours 30 minutes
1 hour 45 minutes
3 hours 30 minutes
2 hours 35 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Shore ExcursionsHop on Hop OffBus ToursPorts of Call ToursHalf-day ToursCruises, Sailing & Water ToursShore ExcursionsTours & SightseeingMontevideoShore Excursions - Buenos AiresHop on Hop Off - Buenos AiresBus Tours - Buenos AiresPorts of Call Tours - Buenos AiresHalf-day Tours - Buenos AiresShore Excursions - The PampasHop on Hop Off - The PampasBus Tours - The PampasPorts of Call Tours - The PampasHalf-day Tours - The PampasShore Excursions - Northwest ArgentinaHop on Hop Off - Northwest ArgentinaBus Tours - Northwest ArgentinaPorts of Call Tours - Northwest ArgentinaHalf-day Tours - Northwest ArgentinaCategory
Pittamiglio Castle (Castillo Pittamiglio) Tours & TicketsEl Milongón Tours & TicketsMontevideo Metropolitan Cathedral (Catedral de Montevideo) Tours & TicketsBarrio Sur Tours & TicketsMontevideo City Hall (Palacio Municipal) Tours & TicketsCarrasco Tours & TicketsTorres García Museum (Museo Torres García) Tours & TicketsFootball Museum (Museo del Fútbol) Tours & TicketsAndes Museum 1972 (Museo Andes 1972) Tours & TicketsPunta Gorda Tours & TicketsPre-Columbian and Indigenous Art Museum (MAPI) Tours & TicketsMontevideo Port Market (Mercado del Puerto) Tours & TicketsSolís Theatre (Teatro Solís) Tours & TicketsMontevideo Agricultural Market (Mercado Agrícola de Montevideo) Tours & TicketsPocitos Tours & Tickets