- Rail tour from Milan aboard the Bernina Express
- Take a scenic coach tour to Tirano, located at the foothills of the Swiss Alps
- Travel by train through the Bernina Pass to elegant St Moritz
- Pass stunning alpine scenery, including glacial lakes
- Enjoy free time to explore Tirano and St Moritz
- Learn about the region from a guide as you travel
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
Please be ready at the meeting point 15 minutes before the departure of the tour.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Travel from Milan to Switzerland in the morning, and relax on your coach journey to Tirano. After some free time in the town, board the Bernina Express and gaze out of your window as the historic train passes through the idyllic stretches of Northern Italy and the Swiss Alps.
Ride over the spiral viaduct of Brusio, and along the Bernina Pass to Engadin. Watch the scenery change from windswept gorges and snow-clad glaciers to the chic chalets of St Moritz.
Hop off the train to enjoy free time in the town. An elegant vacation spot that’s popular for winter sports, St Moritz has a bounty of attractions to keep you busy. Stroll the lake, ogle the snow-specked mountains that ring the town, enjoy lunch or browse the local chocolatiers to sample Swiss chocolate. All food is at your own expense.
In the early evening, return to Milan by coach. Your tour of Northern Italy and Switzerland finishes with a drop-off at the start point.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- Times indicated in the program and order of the visit are subject to possibile changes due to traffic problems and/or organizational requirements to ensure full enjoyment of the tour.
- Weather conditions are extremely variable; practical, versatile clothing is recommended.
- Itinerary could be changed for organization reasons.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
- OPERATED BY Zani Viaggi
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all safety measures taken by Swiss Alps Bernina Express Rail Tour from Milan.
- "This trip takes about 13 hours Milan-Milan but it it is a must, because of the fabulous train ride threw beautiful snowed landscapes." See review
- "If you stop for lunch in Tirano before boarding the train, I strongly recommend that you pass on the tour guide's reco and go to the Merizzi restaurant for a fantastic meal." See review
- "For the technical stops, given the group size, I recommend to give a bit more time." See review