Explore our promoted experiences
- Private cooking class and meal in Mexico City
- Private class for a personal experience
- Food and drinks included
- Learn the basics of Mexican cooking
Departure & Return
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Like Mexican cuisine, the menu changes with season and availability of ingredients, but you’ll make two or three typical dishes such as chilaquiles (lightly fried corn tortillas) or quesadillas stuffed with fillings like squash blossom, cactus, mushrooms, peppers, and huitlacoche, a corn fungus that’s highly prized for its rich flavor.
Prepare a side dish to go with the meal, cooking beans or rice with tomatoes and chickpeas, then join your teacher for the homey meal. This is the perfect time to explore Mexican cuisine, ask about your favorite ingredients and meals, or discuss Mexico’s constantly evolving gastronomy, and at the end of the meal, you’ll receive recipes to keep and prepare at home.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Traveling Spoon, Inc
If you cancel at least 3 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
See all safety measures taken by Private Mexican Cooking Lesson in a Coyoacan Apartment.