9 hours (Approx.)
Pickup from select hotels
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Discover a biosphere reserve that shelters a thriving population of migratory birds on a full-day trip to Celestún from Mérida with an experienced guide. Enjoy the day at a relaxed pace, with plenty of time to visit local restaurants, beach-side bars and the town square. Soak up the sun on the beach and take in views of the Gulf of Mexico. Watch for wildlife on a scenic sunset boat ride along the coast, then pause for dinner in a nearby restaurant before returning to Mérida.
- Full-day tour of Celestún from Mérida
- See the sights independently
- Discover a local beach town
- Tour the biosphere by boat
- Dinner and transport included
Saved to wishlist!
Round-trip shared transfer
Local English- and Spanish-speaking guide
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Dessert and drinks
Departure & Return
C. 79 518, Centro, 97000 Mérida, Yuc., Mexico
Mayan Heritage Office
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 60 travelers
- OPERATED BY Amigo Tours Mexico
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Celestun Biosphere Reserve Tour from Merida?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
What is the policy on sanitization during Celestun Biosphere Reserve Tour from Merida?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Celestun Biosphere Reserve Tour from Merida?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- "Lunch would have been better if it was a buffet but overall a pleasant experience." See review
Compare Similar Experiences
Celestun Biosphere Reserve Tour from Merida
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursNature and WildlifeFull-day ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsOutdoor ActivitiesTours & SightseeingMeridaBus Tours - Riviera Maya & the YucatanNature and Wildlife - Riviera Maya & the YucatanFull-day Tours - Riviera Maya & the YucatanBus Tours - TulumNature and Wildlife - TulumFull-day Tours - TulumBus Tours - Playa del CarmenNature and Wildlife - Playa del CarmenFull-day Tours - Playa del CarmenCategory
Hacienda Yaxcopoil Tours & TicketsSotuta de Peón Agave Plantation (Hacienda Sotuta de Peón) Tours & TicketsMerida Cathedral (Catedral de San Ildefonso) Tours & TicketsDzibilchaltun Tours & TicketsCasa de Montejo Tours & TicketsMayapan Tours & TicketsProgreso Cruise Port Tours & TicketsLabna Tours & Tickets