Yarra Valley Balloon Flight and Winery Tour
- Yarra Valley sunrise hot-air balloon flight and winery tour
- Scenic views of the Yarra Valley
- Includes sparkling wine breakfast
- All-inclusive tour of four of the Yarra Valley's best known wineries
- Small group touring, sparkling wine at Domaine Chandon
- Lunch with vineyard views at Balgownie Estate
- Includes pickup from Melbourne city hotels and drop-off at designated central Melbourne locations
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
Departure Point1: Melbourne, Melbourne, Victoria
2: Yarra Valley, Yarra Valley, Victoria
Traveler pickup is offered
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
At daybreak, climb aboard a hot air balloon for a thrilling ride over the valley’s sprawling vineyards, orchards and elegant estates, with views of the sloping mountains beyond. Enjoy an unforgettable sight as the sun rises and bathes the landscape in an array of colorful hues.
After landing back on solid ground, energize for the day with a gourmet Champagne breakfast featuring hot and cold favorites accompanied by coffee, tea, juice and a glass of Chandon sparkling wine. Continue on with your small group on a tour of four of the Yarra Valley’s premium wineries. Enjoy cellar door tastings at Punt Road and Yering Farm within your day, where you can learn about the winemaking process as you sip.
When it’s time for lunch, settle in at Balgownie Estate for a gourmet meal accompanied by a glass of estate wine. In the afternoon, get bubbly with a private walking tour of the famous Domaine Chandon winery — the Australian outpost of France’s famous Moet & Chandon Champagne purveyors. Toast your Yarra Valley vacation with a glass of sparkling wine amid the beautiful surroundings.
The tour concludes at Domaine Chandon in the afternoon, where you can continue exploring the Yarra Valley on your own or enjoy complimentary return transport to four convenient central Melbourne locations.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age is 6 years
- Minimum age is 18 years for consumption of alcohol
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Parents or guardians of children under the age of 12 must sign a wavier of responsibility for the safety of the child whilst on bus
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Subject to favourable weather conditions.You can re-book your balloon flight/breakfast for an alternative date or a full refund for the flight/ breakfast can be given. No refunds given for wine tour portion. If your balloon flight is cancelled due to inclement weather, your winery tour will PROCEED as scheduled. On the morning of the wine tour you MUST ring the Australian Winery Tour Co. (AWTC) office on 1800 996 414 from 8am to confirm which pick up point you will be using. You will have to make your own way to 1 of the 5 x AWTC pick up points in Melbourne (as below), or to the Yarra Valley meeting point at Punt Road Wines: 10 St Hubert’s Road, Coldstream. Passengers are required to make own arrangements to meet the service at Punt Road Wines in the event of balloon flight cancellation. AWTC are unable to provide door to door hotel pickup or drop off within the Yarra Valley or Melbourne CBD. You will be picked up & dropped off at a central location within Melbourne CBD before/after the winery tour ends.
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- COVID-19 INFECTION CONTROL MEASURES ● Cleaning and disinfection in accordance with guidance from Safe Work Australia and public health authority. ● Clinical grade hand sanitiser is provided in the workplace and throughout the entire ballooning experience (out of reach of children). ● Frequently touched surfaces belonging to GBA including handrails, doors, vehicles, equipment, phones and keyboards are regularly cleaned. ● All guests of GBA including staff scheduled to fly must check in the evening prior to flight. ● If you observe anything that does not meet this standard, please advise management immediately or as soon as possible.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- OPERATED BY Global Ballooning Australia
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
See all safety measures taken by Yarra Valley Balloon Flight and Winery Tour.