Don’t worry—here are some similar options
You may also like
- 2-day wildlife tour to Phillip Island, from Melbourne
- See the Nobbies and Seal Rocks
- Be amazed as hundreds of little penguins stroll past you at Summerland Beach
- Enjoy free time to explore Phillip Island's beaches at your leisure
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Pickup is only available from the list of hotels provided upon checkout.
Your pickup will be between 9:45am-10:45am depending on which hotel you selected. Your exact meeting time will be provided after a booking is placed.
This tour returns to Melbourne at approximately 9pm-midnight depending on the season.
What To Expect
Stay in private accommodation that is clean, modern and welcoming apartment-style centrally located on the island.
Day 1: Melbourne – Phillip Island
After morning pickup at your centrally located Melbourne hotel, ride in an air-conditioned coach for about 1 hour to reach Moonlit Sanctuary Wildlife Conservation Park at the top of the Mornington Peninsula.
The sanctuary serves as a reserve for native wildlife, with 25 acres (10 hectares) of natural bushland that is home to Australian mammals, reptiles, birds, fish, amphibians and insects. Admission to the sanctuary observe koalas, kangaroos and wallabies.
Afterward, head out to Phillip Island for your accommodations. The rest of the day is yours to explore on your own.
Overnight: Phillip Island. Choice of Shared Accommodation at The Island Accommodation, Newhaven or Luxury apartment at centrally located Phillip Island Apartments, Cowes.
Day 2: Phillip Island – Melbourne (B)
In the morning you can explore the magical Phillip Island at your own leisure. You will rejoin the tour in the early afternoon, with a pick up out the front of your Phillip Island accommodation.
Continue to Summerland Peninsula and stop at the Nobbies, an ecotourism center equipped with long boardwalks that give you stunning views of the rugged coastline.
You'll see Victoria's largest group of little penguins at Summerland Beach. As night falls, hundreds of them waddle out of the ocean to return to their burrows for the night. Viewing platforms along the beach allow you to get a good look at the nightly action at a respectful distance.
If you have booked the Luxury Apartment option, you will receive an upgrade to the Penguin Plus viewing area; one of the best ways to watch the nightly show.
After seeing the Penguin Parade, your bus returns to Melbourne, dropping you off at your hotel late that evening to end your tour.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children under 18 year old must be accompanied by an adult
- Please limit luggage to a small backpack or soft overnight bag weighing no more than 11lbs ( 5 kg)
- This tour is a combination of guided and self-guided touring
- Children 4 years and older are welcome on tour. To book a child simply add an additional 'adult' ticket to your booking. For example, if you wish to book 2 adults and 1 child, select 3 'adult' tickets. If you are travelling with children, you must book a 'private' room and contact the supplier to provide the age of your child.
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 24 travelers
- OPERATED BY Bunyip Tours
If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
See all safety measures taken by 2-Day Phillip Island Discovery Escape from Melbourne.