- Explore the history of Tango during a full-day Medellín city excursion
- Includes a traditional meal served at a local eatery
- Discover the life of Carlos Gardel, one of Colombia's most famous Tango practitioners
- Learn about the longstanding love for Tango in Medellín
- Visit Pueblito Paisa, a replica of a traditional Colombian village
- Great way to learn more about Colombia's musical history
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
After booking, the operator will contact you about pickup time.
What To Expect
Enjoy this replica of a traditional Colombian village as you take in views of Medellín Valley and have some free time to explore this recreation of traditional Colombian small-town life. After departing Pueblito Paisa head back to downtown Medellín, to see Fernando Botero Plaza, home to 23 works of art designed by local creative.
After making a stop for a traditional meal at an eatery suggested by your guide, proceed on an investigation of the cultural origins of the Tango in Colombia’s second-largest city. Visit Malaga Bar, one of the city’s oldest Tango bars, to learn about the history of the dance in the city. Get an introduction to the life of Carlos Gardel, one of Medellín’s most famous practitioners of this elegant dance style.
Continue your Tango-themed wanderings by heading to one of Gardel’s favorite neighborhood hangouts, allowing you to see a house-turned museum and a statue dedicated to this Tango genius. Finish your Medellín wanderings by proceeding to a site near the airport, learning about the infamous day in 1935 when the city’s famous “Tango King” met his untimely end in a tragic plane crash.
At the end of your Medillín meanderings, receive a drop-off back at your hotel.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Dress code is smart casual
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- Wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Medellin City Services
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff