Explore our promoted experiences
- Guaranteed Whale Sightings or go again for free
- Witness majestic humpback whales on Maui’s largest and most comfortable whale watching tour boats
- Experienced naturalists share the story of our humpback whales and explain each of the whale actions you witness
- With both an upper deck and an enclosed main cabin, you may choose to watch in the open air or protected from the elements down below
Departure & Return
Lahaina Harbor, North End, Main Booth located near the Lighthouse. We are the only booth on the main loading dock located behind the Best Western Pioneer Inn.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
This tour operates during the whale migration period from December until May, when humpback whales come to Maui’s warm waters to breed, a 3,500-mile (5635 km) departure from their feeding waters in Alaska. Keep your eyes peeled as your captain and crew help to point out any marine life that pops up, and soak up the stunning backdrop of the island’s coastline.
This tour has multiple departures times to fit your travel schedule, and concludes at its original departure point.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Wheelchair accessible
- Dress appropriately. Viewing whales is often best done outside on the viewing decks. Wear sunscreen, secure hats and belongings and dress for breezy "on the water" conditions
- You must bring valid photo identification if you wish to consume alcoholic beverages on board
- Maximum capacity is 149 passengers
- Tour operator reserves the right to substitute vessels, routes and destinations based on vessel operations, weather and sea conditions without notice
- Due to new Homeland Security Procedures all passengers may be subject to a random search of their personal effects (including carry ons) and all passengers must be able to provide identification upon the request of vessel personnel as proof of his/her identity. Due to these changes it is imperative that each guest have a valid ID with them at all times.
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Due to current mandates face masks and social distancing required
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 145 travelers
- OPERATED BY Lahaina Cruise Company / Hawaii Ocean Project
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff