- Full-day highlights of Provence tour from Marseille with an expert local guide
- Discover Avignon on a walking tour and see the 14th-century Popes' Palace
- Visit the village of Châteauneuf-du-Pape to tour a chateau and sample its acclaimed wine
- Marvel at the UNESCO World Heritage-listed Pont du Gard – a Roman aqueduct near Nimes
- Explore pretty Les Baux de Provence independently and admire picture-perfect views
- Small-group tour with a maximum of eight people ensures a more personalized experience
Departure & Return
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Though Avignon boasts an ancient Roman origin, the city is known as the home of the Papacy during the 14th and 15th centuries, when the French Popes adorned the city in opulent architecture and art. With your guide, visit Pont Saint-Bénézet – Avignon’s fabled 12th-century bridge – the lovely Notre-Dame des Doms Cathedral and the lavish Popes’ Palace. Take an optional interior tour of the UNESCO-listed palace (own expense) to see fresco-adorned chapels, galleries, and the papal apartments. You’ll then have free time to purchase your own lunch before leaving Avignon.
Next, travel south to Châteauneuf-du-Pape, a lovely town in the Rhône Valley surrounded by prestigious wine estates. Marvel at the rolling vineyards, learn about the region’s distinct viniculture and terroir, and stop at a charming winery to taste fine wine and tour the wine cellars. Then hop back in the coach for a short drive to the UNESCO-listed Pont du Gard – a massive, three-tiered Roman aqueduct that spans the mighty Gardon River.
Finish your tour with a trip to Les Baux-de-Provence – a fortified medieval village perched in the Alpilles Mountains. Take some time to wander the cobblestone streets, visit the labyrinthine ruins of the Baux Castle (own expense) and snap dramatic photos from the lofty vantage point over the Luberon plains.
After a full day of sightseeing, enjoy a relaxing ride back to Marseille Vieux Port. You’ll arrive by early evening.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- On certain days, a drive through Aix en Provence may be included to pick up and drop off passengers.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- OPERATED BY Provence Tours
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
See all safety measures taken by Avignon, Chateauneuf-du-Pape and Les Baux de Provence Tour from Marseille.
- "Good guide, but not enough information in Aix and Cassis." See review