- Half-day tour of Lake Lucerne, Mt. Pilatus, and Fräkmüntegg
- Start with a Lake Lucerne cruise, admiring the scenery from the water
- Ride up the world's steepest cogwheel railway to the summit of Mt. Pilatus
- Take a ride on the aerial Dragon Ride cable car
Departure & Return
Departure PointPilatus Luzern, Schlossweg 1, Kriens, Lucerne 6010 Switzerland
Ticket Redemption Points
What To Expect
Disembark at Alpnachstad, and head inside a welcoming chalet-style restaurant with a terrace. Use your time here to eat and drink at your own expense, then make your way to the cogwheel railway for a ride up the mountainside.
The steep line is known as a scenic route; cast your gaze out of the window as you pass alongside mountain streams and pastures sprinkled with alpine flowers on your way to the peak of Mt. Pilatus.
When you reach its 6,995-foot (2,132-meter) summit, you have some free time to soak up the views from the gallery, terrace, or restaurant. If you’re feeling more energetic, then take a short stroll to a nearby peak.
Descend back down the mountain via the Dragon Ride cable car, and hop out at Fräkmüntegg to enjoy a range of mountain activities. Test your agility climbing our rope park and get your adrenaline pumping (own expense), or treat the kids to a panoramic cable car ride to the children’s playground at Krienseregg.
From Krienseregg, continue by gondola to Kriens, then take the public bus No.1 from Zentrum Pilatus to the Lucerne train station.
Please note: The order of this tour is flexible, and can be adapted if you wish. See the Itinerary for another suggested timetable.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Don't miss the last transportation down to the valley
- Please note tour is unguided
- Only printed vouchers will be accepted
- Operates in almost all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Cable ways are not in operation in the case of storms
- Starting direction 1: Take the cruise ship at the railway station in Lucerne (Quai 2 in front of the train station)
- Starting direction 2: Take bus number 1 at the railway station in Lucerne to Kriens, Zentrum Pilatus
- IMPORTANT: From October 25th to November 5th 2021 cable cars are not running due to revision.
- It is not possible to book a specific time slot
- It's not a guided tour, there is not a meeting point.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- The world's steepest cogwheel railway is operating from middle May till November 14th 2021.
- Most travelers can participate
- OPERATED BY Pilatus Railways
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all safety measures taken by Mt Pilatus Self-Guided Tour and Lake Lucerne Cruise from Lucerne.
- "Note that the walk from the bus up to the gondola is slightly uphill and can be strenuous, but so worth it." See review
- "If you stay in Lucern for a few days, I'd recommend take this trip on a clear day even if you have to cancel and change the date." See review
- "It would be nice if there was a more central location in Lucerne to redeem the voucher or at an office that stays open past 5." See review