- 2-hour kid-focused Middle Ages tour of Lucca
- See some of Lucca's top sights, including the Cathedral of San Martino and Church of San Michele
- Admire the famous 'Volto Santo' inside the cathedral
- Watch a Medieval coin being made for each child in the group
- Get a gelato at the end of the tour
Departure & Return
What To Expect
Begin by admiring the facade of the cathedral to see representations of flowers, animals, and stories that tell the lives of the saints. Enter the cathedral to see the 'Volto Santo' (Holy Face), the wooden crucifix that pilgrims during the Middle Ages came to see.
As you walk through Lucca's charming historic center, pay attention to the buildings that line the streets, many of which were once private homes for the city's wealthy and noble families. Learn from your guide how to decipher the meanings behind the various facades.
Visit the Zecca, Lucca's historic mint, to see a replica of a coin from the Middle Ages made for each child in the group. Stop at the Church of San Michele to once again 'read' the stories on the facade, including some featuring legends and myths.
Finish the tour with a gelato.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Turislucca
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regular temperature checks for staff