3 hours (Approx.)
Pickup from select hotels
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Keeping you safe during COVID-19
What you can expect during your visit
Face masks required for guides in public areas
Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
Social distancing enforced throughout experience
Guides required to regularly wash hands
Lose yourself in the crime-busting, mystery-solving world of Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson on this private walking tour of London. Visit the home of the legendary detective at 221B Baker Street; see fiction brought to life in the Sherlock Holmes Museum and shop for Sherlock souvenirs at the official Sherlock Holmes Store. Then, follow the trail of BBC TV series Sherlock as you visit memorable filming locations in Russell Square and Whitehall; see the site of Sherlock's fake death and hear stories about Sherlock actors Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman.
- Visit the home of Sherlock Holmes at 221B Baker Street and explore the Sherlock Holmes Museum
- Shop for souvenirs at the Sherlock Holmes Store
- See filming locations from the BBC TV series 'Sherlock'
- Enjoy entertaining Sherlock Holmes facts, anecdotes and trivia from your guide
- Travel by comfortable mini-coach
- This private tour ensures you’ll receive personalized attention from your guide
Saved to wishlist!
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Transportation to/from attractions
Departure & Return
Departure PointWestminster, London SW1A 2JR, UK
Traveler pickup is offered
We can meet you at ANY central London hotel or meet you at the starting point outside Cafe Nero by the exit of Westminster Underground Station where the tour commences.
Return Details221B Baker St, Marylebone, London NW1 6XE, UK
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Dress code is casual
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- We have earmarked this tour as especially safe during the Coronavirus outbreak due to generally quiet places that we visit where social distancing is generally not a problem. All of our tours are private so it is just you/your family and your guide. To make it easier and safer for all concerned we would suggest starting this tour a little later than the usual time, perhaps around 10.30-11am which allows us all to miss rush-hour. We are happy to still come to your hotel to meet you but for the moment we would suggest meeting us at the tour starting point. This allows you to arrive by a taxi or uber rather than public transport. Please feel free to wear masks throughout or at times during the tour. Your guide will also have a mask with them. Please note this tour normally has 3 short tube journeys in it, these can be changed for taxis.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Ye Olde England Tours
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Private Sherlock Holmes Walking Tour in London?
The policy on face masks and attendee health is:
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
What is the policy on sanitization during Private Sherlock Holmes Walking Tour in London?
The policy on sanitization is:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
What is the social distancing policy during Private Sherlock Holmes Walking Tour in London?
The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Private Sherlock Holmes Walking Tour in London?
The policy on staff health & safety is:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- "Stephen is a really lovely guy with incredible knowledge about London and its hidden places.I highly recommend this tour!" See review
Product code: 8607P2
Explore Similar Things to Do
Pub ToursCity ToursWalking ToursMovie ToursHalf-day ToursWalking & Biking ToursCultural & Theme ToursFood, Wine & NightlifePrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingLondonPub Tours - HorleyCity Tours - HorleyWalking Tours - HorleyMovie Tours - HorleyHalf-day Tours - HorleyPub Tours - Stansted MountfitchetCity Tours - Stansted MountfitchetWalking Tours - Stansted MountfitchetMovie Tours - Stansted MountfitchetHalf-day Tours - Stansted MountfitchetPub Tours - CambridgeCity Tours - CambridgeWalking Tours - CambridgeMovie Tours - CambridgeHalf-day Tours - CambridgeCategory
Cutty SarkPrince Edward TheatreBroadway MarketThe London Bridge Experience and London TombsOld Truman Brewery Tate BritainPiccadilly TheatreHeathrow Airport (LHR)Notting HillSherlock Holmes MuseumSmithfield MarketWestminster AbbeyBrick LaneIslingtonLyric Theatre LondonWestminsterDuchess TheatreChislehurst CavesSir John Soane's MuseumTheatre Royal Drury Lane