- Full-day 'Downton Abbey' filming locations tour including Highclere Castle, narrated by a knowledgeable guide
- Travel from London to Oxfordshire to see a collection of sites used in the popular TV drama
- Hear trivia and insider gossip about the 'Downton Abbey' series and characters such as Lady Mary
- Visit a farm near Cogges and wander around the Cotswolds village of Bampton that was featured as Downton village
- Explore the grounds and state rooms of Highclere Castle including the bedrooms and the music room
Departure & Return
07.30am Outside the Hard Rock Hotel main entrance, Marble Arch (formerly the Cumberland Hotel)
Returns to London Victoria Station at approximately 6.30pm.
What To Expect
Stop first at Cogges Manor Farm, where you’ll stop for a hot drink in the on-site cafe (own expense) and see some locations featured on the show. Then, continue to the village of Bampton, a picturesque Cotswolds’ village that was used as Downton village. Explore on foot with your guide and see the church where Lady Mary wed Matthew Crawley, the Grantham Arms pub, and other recognizable filming sites.
Continue to Highclere Castle, arguably the most famous 'Downton Abbey' site. With your guide, you’ll explore the grand estate, which features as Downton Abbey itself, and its grounds. Wander around the Monk’s Garden, White Border, Wood of Goodwill, and the Secret Garden. Then enjoy free time for lunch at the tea rooms (own expense) before heading inside Highclere to the lavishly decorated staterooms.
See the Red Stairs, saloon, gallery, and bedrooms that have been appeared on screen, and hear about popular characters, such as Lady Edith and the Dowager Countess of Grantham, as well as the real-life family who have owned Highclere Castle for centuries.
Your day trip then concludes with a drop-off at in central London.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please note: Once the booking is submitted all sales are final, non-changeable, non-transferable and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
- OPERATED BY International Friends
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands