- Day trip to the Cotswolds and Blenheim Palace from London
- Visit centuries-old churches in Burford and Coln St. Dennis
- Admire the picturesque stone cottages of Arlington Row in Bibury
- Eat lunch in one of the country’s oldest inns with your guide
- Explore Blenheim Palace and learn about Sir Winston Churchill
- Enjoy a small-group experience with just 16 people per group
Departure & Return
07.30am Outside the Hard Rock Hotel main entrance, Marble Arch (formerly the Cumberland Hotel)
Return point: Victoria Train Station in the city center
What To Expect
Stretch your legs on a walk through the market town of Burford, and call in at the 900-year-old Church of St. John the Baptist where wool-sack tombs and other historic relics are on display. After a little free time, continue to Bibury, a dwelling that earned itself “the prettiest village in England” moniker.
Stroll alongside its 17th-century Arlington Row cottages, and admire the fish-filled streams and the village green. Back aboard your transport, venture higher into the Coln Valley and along the Roman Fosse Way.
Call in at the ancient church at Coln St. Dennis, then pass through Bourton-on-the-Water, the so-called "Little Venice of the Cotswolds." Gaze over the stone bridges as you meander through the hills to the Cotswold’s highest town: Stow-on-the-Wold. Enjoy free time here to explore the market square, then relax over lunch at one of England’s oldest inns.
In the afternoon, travel to Woodstock for a visit to Blenheim Palace. The birthplace of Churchill, the palace also made its name in more recent years as a filming site from 'Downton Abbey.' Learn about the building’s history and elaborate gardens, and visit the dining hall, library, and even the room where Churchill was born.
Your day trip ends with a drop-off in London in the early evening.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available for lunch, please advise at time of booking if required
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- Itineraries are subject to change depending on road closures & conditions
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- OPERATED BY International Friends
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands