- Day trip to Fátima, Nazaré and Óbidos from Lisbon
- Visit the Sanctuary of Fatima, which celebrates the 1917 apparition of the Virgin Mary
- See the Batalha Monastery, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Admire beautiful views of the Atlantic Ocean from the Nazaré cliffs
- Explore the fishing town of Nazaré and the romantic medieval village of Óbidos
- Small-group tour limited to 8 people for a more personalized experience
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
Please meet our guide in front of the Hard Rock Cafe. Most of the times the guide will park the vehicle in a underground parking lot, so don't worry if you don't see any vehicles approaching.
What To Expect
From here, travel to the 14th-century Batalha Monastery renowned for its compelling examples of of ornate gothic architecture and a UNESCO World Heritage Site. In the monastery, follow your guide into the royal tomb and see the Founder’s Chapel. Hear about the noble family that rests here including Queen Philippa of Lancaster, King João I and their heir Prince Henry the Navigator.
Continue to the quiet fishing village of Nazaré, a favorite summer vacation spot for the Portuguese. Here, take a break for lunch at a local cafe or restaurant (own expense). Learn about the locals who fish here before heading onward to the Nazaré cliffs. Reach the gorgeous small towns of São Martinho do Porto and Foz do Arelho and whip out your camera for quaint farm-country shots.
Next, cruise along the impressive cliff-laden coast as you journey to Óbidos, a medieval village established in 208 BC. Enter past its fortified walls and discover slender streets, gothic facades, and vibrant houses. Alongside your guide, learn about King Dinis who gifted Óbidos to his new wife Queen Isabel in 1282 which led locals to refer to Óbidos as ‘wedding present town.’ As you walk notice the window sills decorated with flower pots and colorful tiles. Then, stop at a local wine shop for a taste of Ginja liqueur, a cherry flavored spirit and perhaps savor a snack. Finally, enjoy perusing through an artisan’s shop with a wide variety of handmade ceramics before returning to Lisbon where your tour concludes.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Infant / child seats are mandatory for children aged 0-11. These are available on request if child age is advised at time of booking.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 100 travelers
- OPERATED BY Inside Lisbon
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "Long day but good value for information and areas covered!" See review
- "I highly recommend this smaller tour as opposed to the larger tours as it is much more personal and you get to interact more with your tour mates." See review
- "If you have limited time and want to visit several ‘must see’ sites leaving from Lisbon, this all day tour is for you." See review