4 days (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Explore the palaces of the Dalai Lamas and learn about Tibetan Buddhism on a private 4-day tour of Lhasa. Tour the iconic UNESCO World Heritage-listed Potala Palace and Norbulingka Palace with your knowledgeable guide, and delve into Buddhist traditions when visiting Jokhang Temple, Drepung Monastery and Sera Monastery. Witness the rhythms of local life in the shops along Barkhor Street, and stop into the Tibet Museum and Tibetan Traditional Hospital. This once-in-a-lifetime tour includes three nights of accommodation, airport transfers and most meals.
- Private 4-day tour of Lhasa, Tibet
- Visit UNESCO World Heritage sites including Potala Palace, Norbulingka Palace and Jokhang Temple
- Learn the history of important Buddhist sites like Drepung Monastery and Sera Monastery
- Browse the shops around vibrant Barkhor Street
- See Tibetan traditions in practice in the old city of Lhasa
- Walk through the Tibet Museum and Tibetan Traditional Hospital
- Includes private guide, accommodation, and pickup and drop-off at the airport
Saved to wishlist!
3 nights accommodation based on twin-sharing room
Tibet Travel Permit
Two bottled water per person per day
Professional private guide and driver
Transport by private air conditioned vehicle
Meals as specified on the itinerary
China Visa Fee
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Once you arrive at Lhasa Kongga International Airport, you will find your tour guide waiting for
you outside of the baggage claim area and be escorted to your hotel.
- Lhasa Gonggar Airport, 7VVX+CF4, Gonggar County, Shannan, Tibet, China
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- On the first day of your arrival, avoid vigorous activities such as walking fast, running and swimming. Bathing and smoking are also not recommended.
- Tibet tours must be booked at least 25 days in advance; upon booking, clear copies of all travelers' passports and Chinese visas must immediately be sent to the local tour operator in order to apply for and obtain your Tibet travel permit in time for your tour
- Please note that if your Chinese visa is not an 'L' tourist visa, then you need to provide supplementary letters from your sponsored organization; please contact the local operator for more details
- If you're flying into Tibet from mainland China: You need the original copy of the Tibet travel permit that the local tour operator will send to your hotel in mainland China. Therefore, please provide your hotel details (name, address and contact numbers) and your hotel reservation number. If you are not staying at a hotel and have a connection flight to Tibet from mainland China, please provide detailed flight information so the local operator can arrange someone from the tour company to deliver your permit to you at the airport in China when you arrive
- If you're taking a train to Tibet from mainland China: You will only need a printed copy of the Tibet permit, which you will receive from the local operator via email
- If you fly into Tibet from Kathmandu, Nepal: You don’t need to have a Chinese visa, but you do need a Tibet Group Visa (same as a Chinese visa) from the Chinese Embassy in Kathmandu. When you send the copy of your passport to the local tour operator after booking, the staff will help you to get the Tibet Group Visa. The Tibet Group Visa fee is not included in the tour price, so you will be asked to pay at the embassy. Please keep in mind that even if you have a Chinese visa, if you enter Tibet from Nepal, it is required that you have the Tibet Group Visa. Please be advised that when you apply for the Tibet Group Visa, the Chinese Embassy will cancel your current visa. You can only apply for the Tibet Group Visa through a local Nepalese agent, so this tour operator's local agent in Nepal will help you obtain it
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Travel China Guide
This experience is non-refundable and cannot be changed for any reason. If you cancel or ask for an amendment, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
Learn more about cancellations.
Compare Similar Experiences
4-Day Tibet Tour: Private Lhasa Package of Potala Palace, Jokhang Temple
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursHikingMulti-day ToursWalking ToursHistorical ToursWalking & Biking ToursMulti-day & Extended ToursCultural & Theme ToursOutdoor ActivitiesLuxury & Special OccasionsPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingLhasaBus Tours - TibetHiking - TibetMulti-day Tours - TibetWalking Tours - TibetHistorical Tours - TibetBus Tours - ThimphuHiking - ThimphuMulti-day Tours - ThimphuWalking Tours - ThimphuHistorical Tours - ThimphuBus Tours - ParoHiking - ParoMulti-day Tours - ParoWalking Tours - ParoHistorical Tours - ParoCategory