- Lhasa private tour package over four days
- Enjoy two days of private tours to Lhasa's top cultural and religious sites
- Visit Potala Palace (a World Heritage site), Jokhang Temple, Ganden Monastery, and Sera Monastery
- Lunch provided on Day 2 and Day 3
- Airport or train station pickup and drop-off included
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
We can also pick up other clients who stay at other hotels within the downtown area of Lhasa.
- Lhasa Gonggar Airport International Departure, Gonggar County, Shannan, Tibet, China
What To Expect
Your tour starts with pickup at Lhasa Gonggar Airport or the train station by your private guide for transportation to your prearranged hotel or other accommodation. Spend the rest of the day on your own to explore and get acclimatize to the altitude.
Day 2: Lhasa – Jokhang Temple and Potala Palace (L)
After hotel pickup in the morning by private vehicle, your tour to Jokhang Temple and Potala Palace begins.
Once the winter palace of the Dalai Lama, UNESCO World Heritage–listed Potala Palace is a symbol of Tibet. As you explore with your private guide, you can admire the architecture of this huge structure. At Jokhang Temple, Tibet's spiritual center located in the old town, you may see pilgrims who have come here to pray, traveling long distances to reach the Buddhist temple, which dates back to the 7th century.
You'll also visit a local market before returning to your hotel to end your tour. The rest of the day and evening is free to spend as you wish.
Day 3: Lhasa – Ganden Monastery and Sera Monastery (L)
Today, visit two major Buddhist sites—Ganden and Sera monasteries. Dating back to 1409, Ganden Monastery is located 25 miles (40 km) from Lhasa and is one of Tibet's 'great three' Gelug university monasteries, sitting on top of a hill with scenic surroundings. Sera Monastery is another of the Gelug university monasteries. Located just outside Lhasa, it was founded in 1419.
After return to your hotel, the rest of the day and evening is free to spend as you wish.
Enjoy transportation back to the airport or train station to conclude your Lhasa tour.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Passport names, passport numbers, date of birth and country is required at time of booking for all participants in order to apply for Tibet Travel Permit (TTP)
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Please provide your mobile phone number for arranging delivery of TTP
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Private China Tours
If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Learn more about cancellations.