Mountain Bike Historical Tunnel Trail to Hoover Dam from Las Vegas
- Ride through the Lake Mead Recreation Area
- Take the optional Discovery Tour for a chance to see inside the dam (at own expense)
- All equipment, professional guide, bottled water and lunch is included
- Complimentary hotel pickup and drop-off from select Las Vegas hotels
Departure & Return
Departure PointDesert Adventures, 1647 Boulder City Pkwy suite a, Boulder City, NV 89005, USA
Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up from most major hotels on the Las Vegas Strip and a few off of the Las Vegas Strip. Pick up from your hotel is usually between 7:00am and 7:30am. We will give you a call the day before with a more exact pick up time.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Disembark to meet your local adventure guide and get fitted for a bike and safety equipment. Listen to an orientation of the area and a safety briefing before hopping on your bike and heading down the trail. This beginner-friendly trail includes a relaxed, downhill ride toward Lake Mead. Listen as your guide points out local desert plant and animal life, and keep your eyes peeled for bighorn sheep. Be sure to bring your camera, as the group will pause a few times at scenic lookouts for photo ops.
Stop to explore the Lake Mead Visitors Center, then head off down to the shores of Lake Mead and jump in if the weather is warm. Back on the trailhead, enter a series of tunnels that were once used to transport concrete used in the dam's construction.
At the Hoover Dam, dismount your bike and take some time to explore the Visitors Center or sign up for the Discovery Tour (own expense). Stroll around the magnificent structure and admire the views of the Colorado River. Then enjoy a boxed lunch and climb back in to your vehicle for transportation back to Las Vegas and drop-off at your hotel.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Minimum age is 14 years
- Children 17 years and under must have a parent or guardian sign a waiver to participate
- Closed-toe shoes are required. Sandals or high heels are not allowed
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- No travelers under the age of 14
- Most travelers can participate
- A hearty boxed lunch is included. Your options are: Ham; Turkey, BLT, PB&J, Veggie Wrap, Chicken Caesar Wrap or Chef Salad.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- OPERATED BY Desert Adventures
If you cancel at least 14 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 6 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 7 and 13 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
See all safety measures taken by Mountain Bike Historical Tunnel Trail to Hoover Dam from Las Vegas.