- 2.5-hour morning kayak tour of Lake Tahoe's west shore
- Paddle through the calm, pristine waters of the lake with an expert guide
- Hear tales from early California history
- Enjoy the relaxed atmosphere of the western shore and Tahoe in the summertime
- Includes kayak, paddle, and life vest rental
- All abilities and experience levels welcome
Departure & Return
Meet at Commons Beach, 400 North Lake Blvd, Tahoe City, CA
What To Expect
As you paddle through the clear, snow-fed lake, soak up the relaxed atmosphere of Tahoe in the summer, which has a distinctly different vibe from the winter ski season. Learn how the relaxed culture and less developed landscape of the west shore differs from the high-rise hotels and casinos of the Nevada shoreline while your guide shares local insight into the history of recreation on the lake.
Learn about the early settlers who built rustic lakeside cabins, and hear tales from California history like the legendary Donner Party’s tragic winter, Teddy Roosevelt’s stalled efforts to turn the area into national parkland, and stories of life along the nearby Truckee River. After about 2.5 hours cruising along the shoreline in your kayak, return to the marina midday — a perfect time to enjoy lunch at one of Tahoe City’s many restaurants (own expense).
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Booking subject to cancellation if minimum required guests (2 people) has not been met and if no other parties have booked that tour for the same day, we will still launch the tour if you are willing to pay the price equivalent of our minimum number of people.
- Children under 5yrs are not permitted
- All guests must carry a lifejacket
- Guests 14yrs and younger are required to WEAR their lifejacket
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date
- Please provide your contact number at time of booking so the tour operator can follow up with important information about your tour
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- OPERATED BY Tahoe City Kayak
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.