- Walking tour of La Paz, Bolivia
- Stop by the Witches’ Market, known for selling traditional herbs associated with witchcraft
- Visit one of the world’s most bizarre correctional facilities, San Pedro prison
- Explore the central plaza of La Paz, Plaza Murillo
- Stroll down a market's potato-sack-lined street where cholitas sit at their booths
- Some snacks are provided, such as a sample of local fruit
Departure & Return
Departure Point: Meeting point at Plaza Murillo Directions: The exact point is at the giant stone book at the center of the main square
What To Expect
Next up, is a quick visit to San Pedro prison. This correctional institute is unlike most others in the world—here, inmates have jobs inside the community, buy or rent their accommodation, and often live with their families.
Along the way, pass some of the brightly colored markets La Paz is celebrated for. Sample fruit native to Bolivia, and go down a market street that’s lined with sacks of potatoes. The Andes are known for an extremely large variety of these vegetables. Notice the cholitas (finely dressed ladies) by recognizing their bowler hats they wear while waiting to sell goods.
Head over to the Witches’ Market over in a semi-hidden part of the city. This market stays true to its name and is well-known for selling traditional herbs and medicines associated with witchcraft. After, stop at another market that’s popular for its trinkets, souvenirs, and Bolivian-made clothing.
At the end of your tour, your guide will take you back the starting point—Plaza Murillo.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Dress code is smart casual
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Andes 2 Amazon
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.