Explore our promoted experiences
- Experience an exhilarating mountain-biking adventure on the 'world’s most dangerous road' from La Paz
- Hug the mountainside as you ride mostly downhill for 40 miles on an 11,800-foot descent
- Rest at scheduled breaks, and admire dramatic changing landscapes, from snow-covered mountains to tropical jungle
- Relax at La Senda Verde Ecotourism Resort, and enjoy a pasta buffet lunch
- Observe rescued monkeys, parrots and other wildlife at La Senda Verde
- Top-of-the-line equipment and instruction provided by guides with an established reputation and excellent safety record
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
What To Expect
Begin your death-defying descent of a serpentine road termed Camino de la Muerte, or Death Road, by Bolivian locals. Enjoy the adrenaline surges as your soar down a road christened the world’s most dangerous by numerous organizations; feel the wind in your hair and the frantic race of your heart as you descend 11,800 feet (3,600 meters) downhill.
Stop intermittently along the way to revitalize with water and snacks and to capture photographs of the dramatic scenery. Enter the subtropics of the dense Amazonian jungle and commence the most difficult part of the ride; avert your gaze from the sheer drops of 3,300 feet (1,000 meters), beside which there appears to be little path, and focus on the refreshing mist coming from waterfalls on your right.
Arrive at the village of Yolosa and return to the safety of a main road for the smooth ride to La Senda Verde Ecotourism Resort. Revitalize with a steaming shower or plunge into the cool waters of the swimming pool, and then appease your appetite with a hearty pasta buffet. Observe a colorful tableau of rescued wildlife and take in the spectacular jungle scenery as you rest aching muscles.
Return to the minivan for the scenic drive back to La Paz after relaxing thoroughly. Opt to stay over night in La Senda Verde or venture to Coroico, a beautiful town surrounded by the verdant splendor of the jungle.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Approximate riding time is 4-5 hours
- 90% of the ride is downhill
- Minimum age is 18 years
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Not recommended for participants with back problems, heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
- Suitable for both beginners and experts
- A good level of fitness is required
- All passenger heights, glove size and helmet size must be advised at time of booking
- Insurance company details and country is required at time of booking for all participants
- Note: Return times vary depending on traffic.You will be back in La Paz between 8pm and 10pm
- This tour is operated by Gravity Assisted Mountain Biking, a company widely recognized for maintaining the highest levels of safety standards and equipment
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- OPERATED BY Gravity Assisted Mountain Biking
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Regular temperature checks for staff