- Half-day waterfall-jumping and canyoning adventure from La Fortuna
- Rappel down an 80-foot waterfall
- Bounce off waterfalls, ranging in height from 10 to 30 feet, and hurdle into pools of water
- Swim or float down a river in a narrow canyon passage
- Dig into refreshing fruit snacks and a home-style lunch at a local restaurant following your rainforest adventure
- Round-trip transport from hotels in the Arenal Volcano area included
- Receive personalized attention from expert guides on this small-group tour limited to 10 people
Departure & Return
We are located in downtown La Fortuna 100 meters West of the Central Park behind the Catholic Church.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Get straight to the thrills with a heart-stopping, 80-foot (24-meter) rappel down a waterfall. Push off of rocks during the misty descent, and then let go to plunge into a pool below. Next, hike through the surrounding rain forest along slippery, rugged terrain that keeps you on your toes. Trek to the mouth of the canyon, where you rappel down a steep cliff and plunge into another refreshing pool.
Enjoy a swim in the river that cuts through the canyon or take a break and let the currents carry you on your back. Continue on through a deep section of the canyon, where you traverse the rugged terrain using grips and footholds in the rocky wall. Along the way, conquer gravity with four waterfall free jumps ranging in height from 10 to 30 feet (3 to 9 meters).
Swim to shore after your final waterfall leap and replenish your energy with a refreshing snack of tropical fruit. Trek out of the rain forest with your guides, and travel by van to a local restaurant for a hearty lunch of typical Costa Rican cuisine. After you eat your fill, rest your weary muscles on the return drive to La Fortuna.
Please note: A minimum of two people per booking is required.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Minimum age is 16 years
- It is recommended that you wear sturdy shoes (tennis shoes or shoes with straps) and comfortable clothes
- Suitable for all levels of experience
- Please bring a change of clothes
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- OPERATED BY Desafio Adventure Company
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all safety measures taken by Gravity Falls Waterfall Jumping Canyoning from La Fortuna.