8 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Hike through Tenorio Volcano National Park's remarkable landscape and see the otherworldly blue of the Rio Celeste waterfall on a full-day trip from La Fortuna. Follow your guide on a 4.3-mile (7-km) trail into the forest, watch for the monkeys and birds as you stroll past a serene lagoon, and take in views of the imposing Tenorio Volcano. Visit the park’s boiling mud pits and brightly colored jungle waterways, then enjoy a full lunch in the park before returning to your hotel.
- Small group ensures personal service
- All necessary equipment included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Separate driver ensures your guides full attention throughout the day
- Instant Confirmation
Saved to wishlist!
National Park fees
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
You must contact Ecoterra Costa Rica at least 24 hours before your activity date to confirm your reservation and arrange transportation
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- May be operated by a multilingual guide
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Good physical condition is required
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- OPERATED BY Ecoterra Expeditions
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Blue River and Tenorio Volcano National Park Hike?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
What is the policy on sanitization during Blue River and Tenorio Volcano National Park Hike?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Blue River and Tenorio Volcano National Park Hike?
A:The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Blue River and Tenorio Volcano National Park Hike?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Compare Similar Experiences
Blue River and Tenorio Volcano National Park Hike
Explore Similar Things to Do
HikingWalking & Biking ToursOutdoor ActivitiesLa FortunaLa Fortuna de San CarlosHiking - MonteverdeHiking - PuntarenasHiking - San JoseCategory