- Combo nature and hiking tour of Arenal from La Fortuna
- Take in panoramic views from the Arenal Observatory Lodge & Spa, the only resort inside Arenal Volcano National Park
- Hike through lush rain forest gardens and across hanging bridges with a guide
- Learn about the area's volcanic history at the Arenal Observatory Museum
- Soak in a natural hot water river
- Unwind with a volcanic mud facial and cocktail
Departure & Return
Departure PointLa Fortuna de San Carlos, La Fortuna de San Carlos, Arenal Volcano National Park, Province of Alajuela
Traveler pickup is offered
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
After this panoramic perspective, get a closer look at the area’s flora and fauna with a hike through the surrounding gardens and rain forest. Along the guided trek, pass two hanging bridges and admire the flowing currents of the Danta River and a tropical waterfall. Learn about the area’s diverse ecosystem and fascinating geologic history from your guide, who will help you spot native wildlife such as monkeys, exotic birds, and red-eyed tree frogs. Back at the lodge, dig even deeper into the ancient history of the volcano at the Arenal Observatory Museum, and watch a memorable sunset over Lake Arenal from the viewing deck.
Finish the day with pura vida–style relaxation courtesy of a soak and swim in a naturally heated river pool. Detox with a volcanic mud facial if you wish, and unwind with a cocktail. After about an hour here, return to your La Fortuna hotel in the evening.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- OPERATED BY Red Lava TSC
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all safety measures taken by Afternoon Tour to Arenal Observatory Lodge and Hot Springs.
- "I usually like more physical activities but it was worth taking time to learn details of the rain forest." See review