1 hour 30 minutes (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Nishiki Market is a foodie’s dream and one of Kyoto’s most loved markets, but it can be tricky as an outsider to know which of the 130+ shops are the best ones to visit. This tour helps you shortlist Nishiki Market highlights by having an insider’s top tips. You’ll try local food, visit souvenir shops, and hear about the market from a local’s perspective.
- Explore Nishiki Market with a guide to discover the best local shops
- No language barriers—a guide will translate for you
- A great way to try a variety of local food samples
- A small-group tour means better access to your guide for questions
Saved to wishlist!
Local and Professional guide
Pick up sample food
Food (only sample)
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Other personal expenses
Departure & Return
534 Nakanochō, Nakagyo Ward, Kyoto, 604-8042, Japan
Super Hotel Shijyo Kawaramachi
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- OPERATED BY Japan Wonder Travel
You can cancel up to 7 days in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 7 full days before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 2 full days before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 2 full days before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Any changes made less than 6 full days before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- For a 50% refund, you must cancel 3–6 full days before the experience’s start time.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Short Trip in Kyoto Nishiki Market Walking Tour (Small group)?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Short Trip in Kyoto Nishiki Market Walking Tour (Small group)?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Short Trip in Kyoto Nishiki Market Walking Tour (Small group)?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Short Trip in Kyoto Nishiki Market Walking Tour (Small group)?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Compare Similar Experiences
Short Trip in Kyoto Nishiki Market Walking Tour (Small group)
1 hour 30 minutes
3 hours 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Food ToursCity ToursMarketsWalking ToursHistorical ToursWalking & Biking ToursCultural & Theme ToursFood, Wine & NightlifeTours & SightseeingKyotoFood Tours - Kansai PrefectureCity Tours - Kansai PrefectureMarkets - Kansai PrefectureWalking Tours - Kansai PrefectureHistorical Tours - Kansai PrefectureFood Tours - OsakaCity Tours - OsakaMarkets - OsakaWalking Tours - OsakaHistorical Tours - OsakaFood Tours - IzumisanoCity Tours - IzumisanoMarkets - IzumisanoWalking Tours - IzumisanoHistorical Tours - IzumisanoCategory
Nanzen-ji TempleKamogawa River (Kamo River)Nakasendo WayTogetsu-kyo BridgeToei Kyoto Studio Park (Toei Uzumasa Eigamura)Saiho-ji TempleKyoto TowerTo-ji TempleHosen-in TempleNinna-ji TempleGion CornerMt. KuramaKatsura Imperial Villa (Katsura Rikyu)Nishi Hongan-ji TempleChionji Temple (Hyakumanben Chionji Temple)Sannenzaka NinenzakaKennin-ji TempleGinkaku-ji Temple (Silver Pavilion)Myoshin-ji TempleTenryu-ji Temple