1 hour (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Fans of samurai and ninja history won’t want to miss wielding a real katana sword while in Kyoto. From the Heian period through the collapse of the Tokugawa shogunate, samurai and ninja roamed Kyoto’s streets. Get an immersive tour of these heroes’ history as a professional guide leads you through the Samurai and Ninja Museum. Your hands-on experience includes wearing samurai armor, wielding katana and ninja stars, and posing with replica swords.
- Immerse yourself in the world of samurai and ninja on a guided tour
- Excellent photo opportunities with traditional samurai swords
- Fun activity for the whole family
- Two convenient afternoon times available seven days a week
Saved to wishlist!
Samurai armor trial
Trying ninja blow gun
Transportation to/from attractions
Departure & Return
寺町詩の小路 2F, 292 Higashidaimonjichō, Nakagyo Ward, Kyoto, 604-8043, Japan
2/1/2021 - 1/31/2022
|Monday - Sunday:||11:00 AM - 05:00 PM|
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Maikoya
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Guided Tour + Samurai & Ninja Experience ?
The policy on face masks and attendee health is:
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
What is the policy on sanitization during Guided Tour + Samurai & Ninja Experience ?
The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Guided Tour + Samurai & Ninja Experience ?
The policy on staff health & safety is:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- "They are actually for sale, so if you were interested in getting them then you could potentially get them." See review
Explore Similar Things to Do
Unique ExperiencesSports Lessons Martial Arts Classes Classes & WorkshopsOutdoor ActivitiesUnique ExperiencesKyotoUnique Experiences - Kansai PrefectureSports Lessons - Kansai PrefectureMartial Arts Classes - Kansai PrefectureUnique Experiences - OsakaSports Lessons - OsakaMartial Arts Classes - OsakaUnique Experiences - IzumisanoSports Lessons - IzumisanoMartial Arts Classes - IzumisanoCategory
Byodo-in TempleKyoto TowerKiyotaki RiverMimuroto-ji TempleEikan-do Zenrin-ji TempleKyoto Handicraft CenterChion-inKatsura Imperial Villa (Katsura Rikyu)Mt. KuramaTenryu-ji TempleNishi Hongan-ji TempleKumano Kodo Pilgrimage TrailKyoto International Manga MuseumShimogamo-jinja ShrineNanzen-ji TempleHimeji Castle (Himeji-Jo)Jojakko-ji TempleUji Bridge (Uji-bashi)Kodai-ji TempleTofuku-ji Temple