1 hour (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Learn about martial arts and sword fighting during a hands-on experience at the Samurai and Ninja Museum in Kyoto. You'll find out what it's like to be a samurai as you learn basic techniques and practice with a sword. This is a great way to gain insight into a piece of Japanese culture.
- Enjoy an immersive experience at Kyoto's Samurai and Ninja Museum
- See traditional outfits, watch a samurai show, and take a sword-fighting lesson
- Pose for photo ops holding a sword
- Short experience doesn't take up much of your day
Saved to wishlist!
A hands on lesson about the basics of iaido. I aido is a form of martial arts that increases self-awareness and teaches the techniques of responding to a sudden attack by a sword
A free tour of Samurai and Ninja Museum of Japan Kyoto
Wearing a Hakama or kimono (this is optional)
Watching a samurai kenbu show before the lesson
Watching a samurai test cutting (tameshigiri) show before the lesson
Posing with swords in front of a studio or samura-themed backgrounds
Transportation to/from attractions
Departure & Return
Departure PointSAMURAI & NINJA MUSEUM with EXPERIENCE, 寺町詩の小路 2F, 292 Higashidaimonjichō, Nakagyō-ku, Kyoto, 604-8043, Japan
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Maikoya
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Product code: 51440P93
Explore Similar Things to Do
Unique ExperiencesSports Lessons Martial Arts Classes Classes & WorkshopsOutdoor ActivitiesUnique ExperiencesKyotoUnique Experiences - Kansai PrefectureSports Lessons - Kansai PrefectureMartial Arts Classes - Kansai PrefectureUnique Experiences - NaraSports Lessons - NaraMartial Arts Classes - NaraUnique Experiences - OsakaSports Lessons - OsakaMartial Arts Classes - OsakaCategory
Shoren-in TempleSaganoJojakko-ji TempleNanzen-ji TempleChion-inThe Philosopher’s Path (Tetsugaku-no-michi)Mt. KuramaKodai-ji TempleKumano Kodo Pilgrimage TrailSaiho-ji TempleTo-ji TempleKennin-ji TempleDaitoku-ji TempleEikan-do Zenrin-ji TempleKatsura Imperial Villa (Katsura Rikyu)Gion CornerMyoshin-ji TempleKiyotaki RiverSannenzaka NinenzakaKamigamo Shrine