- Kyoto morning highlights tour: see three top attractions in a short time
- Tour the UNESCO-listed Nijo Castle with a knowledgeable guide
- Marvel at Japanese gardens and design at Kinkakuji Temple and Kyoto Imperial Palace
- Travel between landmarks with ease in an air-conditioned coach
Departure & Return
Departure PointJTB SUNRISE TOURS DESK KYOTO, Japan, 〒601-8003 Kyoto, Minami-ku, Higashikujō Nishisannōchō, ３１ B1F AVANTI
Return DetailsKyoto Sta., Higashishiokojicho, Shimogyo Ward, Kyoto, 600-8216, Japan
What To Expect
After meeting your guide, head out to your first stop of the day, to see the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Nijo Castle. This one-time home of the Tokugawa Shogun, constructed in 1603, contains five connecting structures made of Cypress wood. The complex is renowned for its elegant design and striking interiors, including the gold leaf-covered living quarters and the home’s extensive kitchen, guardhouse, and multiple gardens.
Head next to the glorious Kinkakuji Temple (Golden Pavilion), the most popular temple in all of Kyoto. Spend time admiring the intricate architecture and serene Japanese gardens, along with the site’s namesake structure, the celebrated Golden Pavilion. Proceed on to the Kyoto Imperial Palace, once the residence of the Japanese Emperor before the national capital was relocated to Tokyo in 1868. View the former site of the imperial enthronement ceremonies and observe the elegant simplicity of the building’s interior design and architecture. When the tour concludes, you are dropped off at Kyoto Station.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Some parts of the road on this tour are made of gravel and may have steep inclines
- Nijo Castle is closed every Tuesday during January, July, August, and December. (Closed on the following day if Tuesday is a holiday.) If closed, or if the tour is during the year-end/New Year's holidays, Ryoan-ji Temple will be visited instead.
- The Kyoto Imperial Palace is closed on the following days. As such, the tour will visit Kitano Tenmangu Shrine instead. (Mondays, Tuesday if Monday is a national holiday, May 14-17 for the Aoi Festival, New Year's holidays, and whenever there is an Imperial Household event).
- The tour will visit Nishi Hongan-ji Temple instead of Kitano Tenmangu Shrine on May 25.
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 44 travelers
- OPERATED BY JTB Global Marketing & Travel Inc.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all safety measures taken by Kyoto Morning Tour - Golden Pavilion and Kyoto Imperial Palace from Kyoto.