- See Kyoto at night when its lanes are lit-up by lanterns
- A private evening tour means a more personalized experience
- Traditional Japanese snack tastings included
- Tour Gion with a guide so you don’t get lost
Departure & Return
Entrance to Gion's Corner, by Hanamikoji Dori, 570-2 Gionmachi Minamigawa area, Higashiyama-ku ward, Kyoto. Directions: Four blocks south from intersection of Shijo and Hanamikoji streets. Hnamikoji is two blocks east of Shijo-Ohashi Bridge. Find the exact meeting point with what3words: ///scoring.braced.renders
Shijo - Karasuma station
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- The tour includes a brief visit to a small shrine. As such, modest dress is highly recommended. We recommend having your shoulders covered and wearing pants or a skirt that covers the knees.
- Some food allergies can be accommodated for but please check beforehand with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Travellers under 20 years of age are not permitted to join this tour.
- This tour is priced for a minimum group size of two travellers. A solo traveller may still book this private experience but will be charged the base rate for two travellers.
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- As the Delta variant of COVID-19 has proven to be highly transmissible and poses significant increased safety risk, effective September 1, 2021, travellers aged 18+ must produce proof of COVID-19 vaccination on Intrepid Urban Adventures tours. Children aged 6-17 must present a negative COVID-19 test, proof of recovery, or proof of vaccination. View full policy at urbanadventures.com/vaccine.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Urban Adventures - Japan
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all safety measures taken by Lonely Planet Experiences: Lanes & Lanterns Private Evening Culture Tour .