Explore our promoted experiences
- Full day tour of Kyoto's cultural and historic attractions
- Discover top city highlights such as Nijo Castle, Kinkaku-ji Temple, and the Fushimiinari Taisha Shrine
- Explore the Kyoto Imperial Palace with your guide, once residence of Japan’s Imperial family
- Admire the Thousand Armed Kannon and the legion of 1,000 life-size statues at the Buddhist temple of Sanju-Sangendo Hall
- Visit the Kiyomizu Temple and enjoy panoramic views over Kyoto from the temple’s terrace
Departure & Return
8:30AM Kyoto Avanti B1F(Sunrise Tours desk) http://www.jtb.co.jp/shop/itdw/info/e/desk/kyoto.asp Please be ready 10 minutes prior to the pick-up time.
What To Expect
Venture first to Nijo Castle, a superficially deceptive structure that harbors a magnificent interior; stroll the lavishly decorated chambers and marvel at glittering gold leaf and opulent tones as your guide offers tales of the building’s heritage.
Next, absorb the sacred ambiance of Kinkaku-ji Temple, an elegant ecclesiastical structure declared Kyoto’s most popular temple. Stroll the exquisitely beautiful Japanese garden and the celebrated Golden Pavilion before venturing to the next destination.
Satisfy cultural cravings at Kyoto Imperial Palace and marvel at the regal resplendence of the residence. Appreciate the simple and serene Japanese style as you explore opulent chambers and learn of ancient ceremonies that still occur within the walls.
Enjoy a moment of quiet reflection at the vibrant Fushimiinari Taisha Shrine then head to the Buddhist temple of Sanju-Sangendo Hall and gaze at the 1,000 life-size statues that inhabit the grand hall. Conclude your tour with a leisurely stroll down a charming lane lined with pottery shops and arrive at Kiyomizu Temple. Marvel at panoramic vistas of the city from the vertiginous vantage point of a lofty terrace then return to your comfortable vehicle for the relaxing journey on your way back.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- At reception, please show your reservation confirmation sheet, a printout of the reservation confirmation e-mail, or show the e-mail on your mobile device screen to staff.
- If the minimum number of participants (1) is not met by 4 days before the scheduled date, the tour on that date may be canceled.
- To prevent infection, please participate wearing face masks.
- On the day of the tour, a health check and temperature screening will be conducted. Those with a temperature of 37.5 and above as well as those who do not feel well may not be allowed to participate.
- The Kyoto Imperial Palace is closed to visitors on the following days. As such, the tour will visit Kitano Tenmangu Shrine instead. If the closed day falls on the 25th, the tour will visit Nishi Hongan-ji Temple. (Mondays, Tuesday if Monday is a national holiday, and whenever there is an Imperial Household event) Nijo Castle is closed on Tuesdays in January, July, August, and December. (Closed on the following day if Tuesday is a holiday.) If closed, Ryoan-ji Temple will be visited instead.
- Connections from this tour can be made to the "Kyoto Maiko Dinner" and "Kyoto Night Tour."
- Participants will walk from the parking lot to Fushimi Inari Taisha Shrine (about 15 min one-way). Thank you for your understanding.
- The order of activities and arrival times may differ depending on road conditions and congestion at destinations.
- Seats may not be designated.
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Depending on the number of tour participants, transportation to be used may be other than a large bus (mid-size bus, small bus), a hired car (van, minivan - MK Co., Ltd. or Yasaka Group), or a taxi.
- For "2023 With Lunch" option, a set menu meal will be served for lunch. For those who would like a vegetarian meal, please make sure to inform us at the time of reservation. If requests are not provided in advance, same-day changes cannot be accepted. Halal, gluten-free, and other meal requests are not available.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- For those that don't require lunch, please make a booking for the '2023 Without Lunch' plan (tour code: NG002S). The '2023 Without Lunch' plan provides customers with free time to eat on their own in the Kyoto Station area.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 44 travelers
- OPERATED BY JTB Global Marketing & Travel Inc.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 7 full days before the experience’s start time.
- Any changes made less than 6 full days before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- For a 50% refund, you must cancel 3–6 full days before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 2 full days before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 2 full days before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Reviews by Viator travelers. We perform checks on reviews