Don’t worry—here are some similar options
- Walk through Sanjusangendo Temple, Japan's longest wooden structure
- Sweeping views of Kyoto city from Kiyomizu Temple
- Plenty of photo opportunities
- Informative and friendly guide
Departure & Return
1:30PM Kyoto Avanti B1F(Sunrise Tours desk) http://www.jtb.co.jp/shop/itdw/info/e/desk/kyoto.asp Please be ready 10 minutes prior to the pick-up time.
What To Expect
Begin your tour by meeting your guide at Avanti Tour Desk near Kyoto Station in the afternoon. The city of Kyoto today is home to more than 1.4 million residents, and as it has evolved, it has seamlessly blended its modern architecture with a wealth of religious and cultural structures that date back to the city’s days as Japan’s capital from 794 through 1868. Although the city has been ravaged by many years of war and fire, it was not significantly damaged by bombing raids during World War II, meaning many important ancient structures still survive to this day.
Head over to the visually-striking Fushimiinari Taisha Shrine, a wildly colorful building bearing bright-red columns and a green roof. The interior of this beautiful structure is perhaps even more impressive, harboring a series of immaculate gardens and placid ponds. Please note the tour will not enter the site’s Shin-en garden.
Next move on to Sanjusangendo Temple on the eastern edge of Kyoto for your day’s first stop. This beautiful religious site, home to 1,001 statues of Kannon, Bodhisattva and was built in the 13th century, is famous for being the longest wooden building in the entire country, spanning more than 394 feet (120m) in length.
Proceed next to the famous Kiyomizu Temple, stopping to browse the rows of pottery stores that line the streets leading up to the site. This elegant UNESCO World Heritage site, also known as Kiyomizu-dera, offers panoramic views of Kyoto and the surrounding area from its spacious terrace and many walkways lining the nearby foothills of Higashiwama mountain. When the tour concludes, drop-off service is available at select locations in Kyoto.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not wheelchair accessible
- At reception, please show your reservation confirmation sheet, a printout of the reservation confirmation e-mail, or show the e-mail on your mobile device screen to staff.
- If the minimum number of participants (1) is not met by 4 days before the scheduled date, the tour on that date may be canceled.
- To prevent infection, please participate wearing face masks.
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- On the day of the tour, a health check and temperature screening will be conducted. Those with a temperature of 37.5 and above as well as those who do not feel well may not be allowed to participate.
- Connections from this tour can be made to the "Kyoto Maiko Dinner" and "Kyoto Night Tour."
- Participants will walk from the parking lot to Fushimi Inari Taisha Shrine (about 15 min one-way). Thank you for your understanding.
- The order of activities and arrival times may differ depending on road conditions and congestion at destinations.
- Seats may not be designated.
- Depending on the number of tour participants, transportation to be used may be other than a large bus (mid-size bus, small bus), a hired car (van, minivan - MK Co., Ltd. or Yasaka Group), or a taxi.
- This tour promotes Environment(Eco)-friendly efforts and Cross-cultural Understanding as stated under Sunrise Tours' Sustainable Development Goals.
- This is a carbon offset product where a portion of the tour booking charge is spent on renewable energy. By converting some CO2 emissions during the tour to green energy, it's possible to contribute to activities protecting the planet's future.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 40 travelers
- OPERATED BY JTB Global Marketing & Travel Inc.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "This is a nice tour especially if you only have an afternoon." See review
Reviews by Viator travelers. We perform checks on reviews