Are you interested in?
267 Tours & Activities
Art & Culture
419 Tours & Activities
Arts & Design
32 Tours & Activities
30 minutes to 1 hour (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Traditional Japanese crafts are tricky for outsiders to try their hand at. This class at the Kyoto Shibori Museum guides you through the technique of how to dye a silk scarf using the kyo-arashi shibori method. You can customize your scarf to your own color preferences and leave with an elegant scarf to serve as a souvenir of your trip to Kyoto. While your fabric is drying, you are free to browse the museum displays and try on a shibori kimono.
- Learn how to make a shibori scarf under the supervision of a professional
- Leave with a personalized souvenir of your trip to Kyoto
- Choose from multiple start times to best suit your schedule
- Includes admission to the museum and the opportunity to try on a kimono
Saved to wishlist!
Guided tour of the museum
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Food and drinks
Departure & Return
Departure PointKyoto Shibori Museum, Japan, 〒604-8261 Kyoto, Nakagyo Ward, Shikiamichō, 135−５ 油小路通御池下る
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age is 12 years
- Adult pricing applies to all ages
- Two car parking and bicycle parking spaces are available
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Kyoto Shibori Museum
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
Product code: 28047P3
Explore Similar Things to Do
Walking ToursHistorical ToursArt ToursWalking & Biking ToursCultural & Theme ToursPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingKyotoWalking Tours - Kansai PrefectureHistorical Tours - Kansai PrefectureArt Tours - Kansai PrefectureWalking Tours - OsakaHistorical Tours - OsakaArt Tours - OsakaWalking Tours - IzumisanoHistorical Tours - IzumisanoArt Tours - IzumisanoCategory
The Philosopher’s Path (Tetsugaku-no-michi)Saiho-ji TempleChion-inKyoto International Manga MuseumEikan-do Zenrin-ji TempleTenryu-ji TempleGekkeikan Okura Sake MuseumKyoto National MuseumNakasendo WayKamogawa River (Kamo River)Ryoan-ji Temple & GardenTogetsu-kyo BridgePontocho AlleyAmanohashidateChionji Temple (Hyakumanben Chionji Temple)To-ji TempleKatsura Imperial Villa (Katsura Rikyu)Kyoto StationKyoto Handicraft CenterYasaka Shrine (Gion Shrine)