- Full-day tour of Hiroshima and Miyajima Island, from Kyoto
- See the magnificent Itsukushima Shrine, a UNESCO World Heritage site
- Visit the historic remains of the Genbaku Dome
- Explore the exhibits at the Hiroshima Peace Memorial Museum
Departure & Return
Departure PointMiyako Hotel Kyoto Hachijo, 17 Nishikujō Inmachi, Minami-ku, Kyoto, 601-8412, Japan
Return DetailsKyoto Station, Higashishiokoji Kamadonocho, Shimogyo Ward, Kyoto, 600-8216, Japan
What To Expect
When you arrive in Hiroshima, travel to Miyajimaguchi either by train or coach, then transfer to a boat that takes you to Miyajima, a revered locale also known as the Sacred Island. It is most famous for the UNESCO World Heritage-listed Itsukushima Shrine and its picturesque torii gate, which appears to float on water at high tide. You may spot tame deer roaming free, adding to the ambiance of the island scenery. After about 45 minutes on the island, have lunch (own expense) then relax on the boat as you cruise back to Hiroshima.
In the afternoon, visit the Hiroshima Peace Memorial Park, a UNESCO World Heritage site. In the Hiroshima Peace Memorial Museum, your guide leads you through exhibits about the atomic bomb that devastated Hiroshima on August 6, 1945, and the city's remarkable recovery post-World War II.
Take a bus or train to your tour's final destination, the Genbaku Dome (aka the Atomic Bomb Dome or Hiroshima Peace Memorial), one of the few buildings that survived the bombing. Nearby, the Children’s Peace Monument is draped with thousands of origami cranes made by children. The Atomic Bomb Memorial Mound contains the ashes of 70,000 bomb victims; many were unidentified or had no surviving relatives to claim their ashes.
When you have finished taking in Hiroshima, board the bullet train again at Hiroshima Station and travel back to Kyoto Station, where your tour ends upon arrival in the evening.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- A moderate amount of walking is involved. Please wear comfortable walking shoes.
- If the minimum number of participants 2 is not met by 4 days before the scheduled date, the tour on that date may be cancelled.
- Due to repairs starting from June 2019, part or all of Itsukushima Shrine's large torii gate will not be visible. (The scheduled end date for repairs is yet to be determined.)
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- This tour does not include meal charges for lunch. Please eat lunch on your own at Miyajima (not included)
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- The order of activities and arrival times may differ depending on road conditions and congestion at destinations.
- The type of transportation (mini bus, taxi van, taxi, train or other) between Hiroshima and Miyajima will vary depending on the number of participants.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 40 travelers
- OPERATED BY JTB Global Marketing & Travel Inc.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all safety measures taken by 1-Day Hiroshima & Miyajima Tour (Round-trip from Kyoto).