- Small-group guided tours of Kyoto's food scene
- Spend some time wandering around Nishiki Market, home to 130 food stalls
- Sample some foods unique to Kyoto, including pickled vegetables, fried fish cake, and Hamo
- Small-group tour ensures ample amounts of attention from the guide
Departure & Return
Departure Pointete 大丸京都店, Japan, 〒600-8511 Kyoto, Shimogyō-ku, Tachiuri Nishimachi, ７９ 大丸京都店 1F
Return DetailsJapan, 〒605-0073 Kyoto, Higashiyama-ku, Gionmachi Kitagawa, ２６６ 井澤ビル
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum drinking age is 20 years in Japan
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- If you have any food restrictions, please let us know in advance definitely.
- If you will come with a stroller, please let us know in advance. Nishiki market is very crowded sometimes.
- Most travelers can participate
- If you have severe dietary restrictions, it may not be possible to arrange food for you.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- OPERATED BY Japan Wonder Travel
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all safety measures taken by Daytime Kyoto -Nishiki Market and Gion District Cultural Walking Food Tour.
- "If you ever so choose to go on this tour, make sure you come with an empty stomach, as you will go through a number of scrumptious and delectable treats once you get into the market itself." See review