2 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Keeping you safe during COVID-19
What you can expect during your visit
Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
If you’re visiting Japan for the first time, receive a cultural introduction to the country during a tea ceremony in traditional kimonos. During the ceremony, learn about Japanese history and sample matcha green tea, a local specialty. Plus, wearing a traditional kimono means you leave the experience with fantastic photographs to commemorate your time in Kyoto.
- Combine two integral parts of Japanese culture during your time in Kyoto
- Experience a tea ceremony for a first-hand cultural experience
- Wear a traditional kimono to enhance your experience
- Receive personalized attention in a small group limited to eigh people
Saved to wishlist!
Hairstyling (simple style)
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Departure & Return
Departure PointKIMONO TEA CEREMONY KYOTO MAIKOYA, 565-4 Nakanochō, Nakagyo Ward, Kyoto, 604-8042, Japan
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Please let us know if you have any food allergies or Halal, vegan, vegetarian preferences.
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Maikoya
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on sanitization during PRIVATE Experience Tea Ceremony wearing a Kimono in Kyoto MAIKOYA?
The policy on sanitization is:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- "It was so cool to dress up in the kimono color of our choice and take pictures with the backgrounds they’d set up." See review
Product code: 51440P61
Explore Similar Things to Do
Unique ExperiencesHistorical ToursCoffee & Tea ToursCultural & Theme ToursFood, Wine & NightlifePrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingUnique ExperiencesKyotoUnique Experiences - Kansai PrefectureHistorical Tours - Kansai PrefectureCoffee & Tea Tours - Kansai PrefectureUnique Experiences - NaraHistorical Tours - NaraCoffee & Tea Tours - NaraUnique Experiences - OsakaHistorical Tours - OsakaCoffee & Tea Tours - OsakaCategory
The Philosopher’s Path (Tetsugaku-no-michi)Mimuroto-ji TempleTogetsu-kyo BridgeKennin-ji TempleGinkaku-ji Temple (Silver Pavilion)Kiyotaki RiverAmanohashidateGekkeikan Okura Sake MuseumKyoto National MuseumHeian Shrine (Heian Jingu)Kodai-ji TempleKyoto StationHosen-in TempleTofuku-ji TempleChionji Temple (Hyakumanben Chionji Temple)Nishi Hongan-ji TempleChion-inKamogawa River (Kamo River)Jojakko-ji TemplePontocho Alley