Are you interested in?
249 Tours & Activities
Kinkaku-ji (Golden Pavilion) Tours
116 Tours & Activities
Tours, Sightseeing & Cruises
403 Tours & Activities
1 hour (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Keeping you safe during COVID-19
What you can expect during your visit
Face masks required for guides in public areas
Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
Social distancing enforced throughout experience
Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
Gear/equipment sanitized between use
Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
Guides required to regularly wash hands
Regular temperature checks for staff
Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
Kinkaku-ji (Temple of the Golden Pavilion) is one of Kyoto's most recognizable landmarks and a must-see, but you will have a must richer experience by visiting it with a guide who can provided detailed historical context to the much-photographed temple.
- Small-group tour (maximum 15): Ensures a personal experience
- Enjoy a much richer experience than would be possible independently
- Get insight into Japanese history and culture from your guide
- Brief tour: Perfect for those who want to make the most of limited time
Saved to wishlist!
Licensed Local Guide
All Fees and Taxes
Departure & Return
Departure PointKinkakujicho, Kita Ward, Kyoto, 603-8361, Japan
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Japan Guide Agency
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Golden Pavilion Kinkaku-ji Temple Tour with Nationally-Licensed Guide?
The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Golden Pavilion Kinkaku-ji Temple Tour with Nationally-Licensed Guide?
The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Golden Pavilion Kinkaku-ji Temple Tour with Nationally-Licensed Guide?
The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Golden Pavilion Kinkaku-ji Temple Tour with Nationally-Licensed Guide?
The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Product code: 92136P17
Explore Similar Things to Do
City ToursWalking ToursHistorical ToursWalking & Biking ToursCultural & Theme ToursTours & SightseeingKyotoCity Tours - Kansai PrefectureWalking Tours - Kansai PrefectureHistorical Tours - Kansai PrefectureCity Tours - OsakaWalking Tours - OsakaHistorical Tours - OsakaCity Tours - IzumisanoWalking Tours - IzumisanoHistorical Tours - IzumisanoCategory
SaganoGion CornerHeian Shrine (Heian Jingu)Nanzen-ji TemplePontocho AlleyMt. KuramaKumano Kodo Pilgrimage TrailNinna-ji TempleRyoan-ji Temple & GardenKamigamo ShrineGinkaku-ji Temple (Silver Pavilion)Kyoto International Manga MuseumMimuroto-ji TempleKyoto National MuseumDaitoku-ji TempleKiyotaki RiverKyoto Handicraft CenterYasaka Shrine (Gion Shrine)Nakasendo WayByodo-in Temple