1 hour (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Keeping you safe during COVID-19
What you can expect during your visit
Face masks required for guides in public areas
Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
Social distancing enforced throughout experience
Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
Gear/equipment sanitized between use
Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
Guides required to regularly wash hands
Regular temperature checks for staff
Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
Discover one of Kyoto’s most popular temples—Kiyomizu-dera Temple by going on a comprehensive 1-hour guided tour. Exploring the temple grounds with a guide means you’ll be able to learn about Japan’s history and culture as you explore the magnificent building. Enjoy commentary from your English-speaking guide who will make sure you don't miss any important features.
- Visit one of Kyoto’s most well-known temples—Kiyomizu-dera
- A guided tour ensures you see all of the important temple highlights
- A top choice for first-time visitors to Kyoto
- Learn fascinating insights about Japan’s history and culture
Saved to wishlist!
Licensed Local Guide
All Fees and Taxes
Departure & Return
Departure Point1-chōme-311 Kiyomizu, Higashiyama-ku, Kyoto, 605-0862, Japan
Return DetailsKiyomizu-dera, 1-chōme-294 Kiyomizu, Higashiyama-ku, Kyoto, 605-0862, Japan
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Japan Guide Agency
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Kiyomizu-dera Temple Tour with Nationally-Licensed Guide?
The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Kiyomizu-dera Temple Tour with Nationally-Licensed Guide?
The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Kiyomizu-dera Temple Tour with Nationally-Licensed Guide?
The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Kiyomizu-dera Temple Tour with Nationally-Licensed Guide?
The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Product code: 92136P16
Explore Similar Things to Do
City ToursHistorical ToursCultural & Theme ToursTours & SightseeingKyotoCity Tours - Kansai PrefectureHistorical Tours - Kansai PrefectureCity Tours - NaraHistorical Tours - NaraCity Tours - OsakaHistorical Tours - OsakaCategory
Kumano Kodo Pilgrimage TrailHimeji Castle (Himeji-Jo)Shimogamo-jinja ShrineTo-ji TempleKamigamo ShrineTogetsu-kyo BridgeChionji Temple (Hyakumanben Chionji Temple)Hosen-in TempleDaitoku-ji TempleNanzen-ji TempleTeramachi StreetSaganoGion CornerKatsura Imperial Villa (Katsura Rikyu)Eikan-do Zenrin-ji TempleTenryu-ji TempleShoren-in TempleHeian Shrine (Heian Jingu)Nakasendo WayYasaka Shrine (Gion Shrine)