- Mt Ijen trekking tour in East Java, led by a local guide
- Depart Bali by ferry and hike to Ijen Crater before dawn
- Meet sulphur miners and see the crater’s blue fire
- Eat a light breakfast and a restaurant lunch
- Pickup and drop-off from selected hotels in South Bali
- Small-group tour ensures personalized attention
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
we Provide Free pick up and drop off from any hotel in Bali island
What To Expect
You’re driven directly to the starting point of your guided mountain trek, where you’ll receive a safety briefing and equipment including a flashlight and gas mask. The approximate 1-mile (3-km) route to the summit takes roughly 1 to 2 hours over a combination of uphill and flat terrain.
En route, interact with the sulphur miners who tirelessly carry blocks of yellow sulphur weighing 132–176 pounds (60–80 kg) via bamboo pole baskets across their shoulders. Later, witness their mining activity by traditional methods using iron rods without safety equipment.
On arrival at the summit before dawn, glimpse the natural phenomenon of Mt Ijen's blue fire (depending on weather conditions). Stop for a light breakfast on the mountaintop before you’re guided back down for a closer look and some fantastic photo ops of Ijen Crater, Java’s largest acid lake, from the viewpoint.
After the descent, you’re transferred to Banyuwangi Harbor for the late morning ferry back to Bali. Your journey ends with lunch at a local restaurant before drop-off at your hotel in the afternoon.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- It is recommended to wear long pants, sports shoes, a sweater (sweatshirt or jumper) , gloves and hat during mount ijen blue fire trekking
- keep wearing the Gas mask during enter the blue fire
- Minimum age is 16 years
- Not recommended for child aged 15 and under
- Not recommended for participants with heart complaints ,asthma or other serious medical conditions
- Exact pickup time depends on the location of your Hotel
- You will be notified of your exact pick up time after reconfirmation
- Exercise or physical activity is recommended one day before trekking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- During Covid -19:all guest should bring Negative Result of the Rapid antigent Test, within a max of 2X24 Hour before Depart OR a Negative test Result of Genose C19 no later than 1X24 hour before depart.(Child bellow 5 Years of age are Not Required to take the Rapid antigen or Genose C19 test
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- OPERATED BY PT.WAHYU MANDIRI TOUR
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
See all safety measures taken by Mt. Ijen Blue Fire Trekking Tour from Bali.