Departure & Return
South of the Monogatarikan, right at the entrance of the old, preserved part of town
End point depends on the selected tour option. Finishing location can also be customized by discussing and deciding directly with your guide.
What To Expect
Where you go and what you see is up to you. The rickshaws are driven by your guide, and you can arrange the finish point on the day. Read on to discover sample routes, based on the duration you book.
From Kurashiki Monogatarikan, travel through Kurashiki Old Town. Sit back as your guide pedals you away from the city traffic, along a wide canal path lined with weeping willow trees. The backstreets nearby are home to many Kurashiki-style shops and warehouses, so have your camera ready as you pass by.
After visiting Kurashiki Old Town and the willow-lined canal path, continue past some of the mansions that once belonged to the town’s wealthy merchants. You’ll also see more small shops that are typical of the local area.
Follow the itinerary described for the 30-minute tour, but spend more time exploring the enchanting Old Town streets.
Meet your guide by the historic merchants’ mansions near Kurashiki Old Town, and travel through the quarter’s streets to see Kurashiki-style warehouses and tiny shops. From there, you’ll ride to Mt. Tsurugata, then back past the city’s old cotton mill. Finish with a jaunt along the pretty canal, lined with willows.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Expecting mothers in their first 16 weeks of pregnancy are not permitted to ride a rickshaw
- Adult pricing applies to age six and over
- Please note that you can join a tour anytime between 9:30am to 5:30pm on the day of reservation
- Child rate (age 5 years or under) applies only when children sit on an adult’s lap without occupying a seat
- A maximum of two adults per rickshaw. Up to two children (age five years or under) can ride with two adults (children have to ride on an adult's lap)
- While rickshaws are able to fit two adults, each rickshaw is 29.1 inches (74 centimeters) wide, and it is sometimes more comfortable to book individual rickshaws for each passenger. For larger passengers, we recommend booking a rickshaw for each participant to ensure a comfortable ride. Passengers who do not both fit in one rickshaw but wish to participate in a tour at the same time will be required to purchase an additional rickshaw, which may not be available on the date of the tour with an English-speaking guide if not booked in advance. Those customers who do not purchase an additional rickshaw at the time of booking cannot be guaranteed availability.
- Wheelchair and stroller friendly
- May be operated by a multilingual driver, subject to availability; please ask for a driver who speaks your language at the Departure Point
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Selected starting time is not automatically guaranteed. The time will be confirmed by email within 24 hours of booking.
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Ebisuya
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff