You may also like
- Marvel at the beautiful twinkling lights of the thousands of fireflies at night – a truly magical experience!
- Explore a royal burial ground and Kota Melawati, an ancient fort
- Enjoy a relaxing, scenic evening boat ride through the mangroves of Kuala Selangor
- Dine on a fresh seafood dinner at a local fishing village
Departure & Return
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
What To Expect
Upon arrival, make your way to Kota Melawati near the mouth of the Selangor River. Venture into the ruins of this ancient fort with your guide and learn about the cannons and other remnants from the 1900s. You’ll also tour the Royal Mausoleum where graves of the first three Sultans of Selangor are buried. Climb the 100 stairs to the top of Selangor Hill and learn about the much-storied execution block.
After that, head to Kuala Selangor Nature Park and gaze up at migratory birds. Keep your eyes peeled for silver-leaf monkeys, rare butterflies and indigenous birds. As the sun sets you’ll head to a nearby fishing village for a typical seafood dinner before making your way to Kampung Kuantan. Set sail on a Malaysian rowboat and take in the quiet beauty that surrounds you as your oarsman rows upstream through picturesque mangroves. Once darkness falls you’ll bear witness to thousands of sparkling fireflies. Your magical boat ride will last between 30 and 45 minutes. Upon completion you’ll head to shore and make your way back to your Kuala Lumpur hotel in the comfort of your air-conditioned vehicle.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A moderate amount of walking is involved; comfortable walking shoes and an insect repellant are recommended
- Please note that hotel pickup and drop-off service operates only for hotels within the Kuala Lumpur central city limits. If you are staying at the following hotels, please either make your own way to a hotel in central Kuala Lumpur or contact the local tour operator after booking to arrange pickup service for an additional fee (contact info will be provided on your confirmation voucher):
- Greater Kuala Lumpur: Le Meridien, Hilton, Cititel, Boulevard MidValley, Pearl International, Eastin Hotel Petaling Jaya, Crystal Crown, Armada, Holiday Villa Subang, Grand Dorset Subang, Petaling Jaya Hilton, Sunway Lagoon, One World Damansara
- Sri Kembangan: Palace of the Golden Horses
- Shah Alam: Holiday Inn Glenmarie, The Saujana, all hotels within the Shah Alam area
- Putrajaya & KLIA: Putrajaya Shangrila, Putrajaya Marriott, Cyberview Lodge, Equatorial Bangi, Pan Pacific KLIA, Concorde Inn KLIA
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking (i.e. vegetarian)
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- OPERATED BY Asian Overland Services
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
See all safety measures taken by Kuala Selangor Tour from Kuala Lumpur with Fireflies Boat Ride and Seafood Dinner.
- "The drive from KL to the Fireflies is very long at least one hour, it was a bit boring as we were on the motorway." See review