- Visit one of the original UNESCO World Heritage Sites and a top Poland attraction
- Descend deep underground to explore a vast labyrinth of tunnels and chambers
- Hear the fascinating history of the mine from an English-speaking guide
- Headsets provided to clearly hear the guide's commentary
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Pickup is offered from Your Hotel/Hostel/Apart and 8 comfortable meeting points. Customers may select a point from the list or enter their accommodation address manually.
Upon return, it is possible to stop a front of start location or at one of 4 central drop-off points, in the main districts of Krakow. Meeting and drop-off points are visible on the map in the link.
Customers will receive a message with the exact departure time until 7 pm on the day before the activity. We kindly ask that guests wait outside, in front of the entrance 5 minutes before departure. The driver will wait no longer than 15 minutes after the specified departure time.
At the end of the trip, customers may return to the places were they start the tour or one of 4 droop off location from the map in Krakow
What To Expect
Trace the long and fascinating history of the mine — one of the world’s oldest and deepest — as you descend almost 450 feet (135 meters) down the shaft accompanied by an English-speaking guide. Be prepared for a considerable workout, as the touring route features a climb down 350 steps. Wander through a 1.9-mile (3-km) labyrinth of tunnels that open into glittering chambers decorated with salt rock carvings and vast caverns filled with saline lakes. There is even an expansive chapel with salt statuary and chandeliers in this remarkable underground city.
Expect to spend around 3 hours exploring the mine’s cavernous and historic highlights, listening to your guide’s live commentary through provided headsets so everyone can hear clearly. An elevator shaft is available to whisk you back to the surface at the end of the tour, where a driver awaits to return you to your original Kraków departure point.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Youth between 18 and 26 years must present a valid student ID on the day of the activity.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Most travelers can participate
- The temperature in the Salt Mine varies between 16-18 degrees Celsius throughout the year
- Bags and backpacks larger than 30x20x10cm are not allowed on the museum grounds. You may store luggage in the vehicles free of charge.
- A considerable amount of walking is involved
- Not recommended for travelers suffering from claustrophobia
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 40 travelers
- OPERATED BY CRACOW LOCAL TOURS
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
See all safety measures taken by Wieliczka Salt Mine Best Value Shared Tour.
- "Firstly wear comfortable clothing and shoes, it’s a lot of walking and there seemed to be a lot of climates in the mine." See review
- "The salt mines is a must see I. Krakow and Viator has the best pricing!" See review
- "Thankfully there is a small lift to take you back up rather than walking." See review