- Half-day tour of Wieliczka Salt Mine from Krakow
- Explore the underground wonders of the Wieliczka Salt Mine on a walking tour
- Admire highlights including an underground lake and the St. Kinga’s Chapel
- Learn more about Poland’s oldest working mine from a knowledgeable guide
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure times available
- Great-value tour includes entrance fees and round-trip transport
Departure & Return
In front of Radisson blu Krakow, Straszewskiego 17 Street
Tourist Bus Stop
Kiss and Ride next to Poczta Główna at Wielopole Street.
In principle the endpoint of this tour is the same as a meeting point - in front of Radisson Blu Krakow, Straszewskiego 17 Street, but you could also ask your driver to stop at a place of your choice on the way to the Krakow city center.
What To Expect
On arrival, your guide is waiting to whisk you on a walking tour of the magnificent mines. Venture underground, where the vast complex of caverns, tunnels, and chambers are all completely carved from salt—a dazzling sight. Along the way, visit the Kinga’s Chapel, where even the chandeliers are carved from salt crystals; pause to admire dramatic salt sculptures; and pose for photos by the underground lake.
After you explore the mines, head back to Krakow, where your tour ends with drop-off at your hotel.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A moderate amount of walking is involved. The route includes over 800 stairs.
- Not recommended for participants who become easily claustrophobic. There are some very narrow paths inside the salt mine and this may be difficult for some. Once you have begun the tour there is no possibility to shorten your visit or turn back.
- Hand luggage should be of a reasonable size, and larger luggage should be left in the car.
- Photography is allowed if a photo pass is purchased which cost 10 PLN / 2.5 EURO - cash only.
- There is no minimum age to experience the activity, however, children should be capable of walking unassisted or be carried in baby slings or baby carriers. Baby strollers are not allowed underground.
- Temperatures in Wieliczka Salt Mine are around 15ºC or 59ºF, it is recommended that you bring a jacket
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 40 travelers
- OPERATED BY Krakow Tours by KrakowDirect
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- "It is quite warm down there so there’s no need to put a load of layers on , bring a drink with you as there is a lot of steps ." See review
- "As it says in the literature - there's lots of walking and steps - so not for the unfit." See review
- "People should be aware a lot of walking but no inclines so easy walking and well worth it" See review